RC Racer

Bad Velineon ESC?

I just got my Velineon system, I love how fast my car is now.

I am having a problem though.

Every time I put in a new battery my car will not respond to throttle from time to time. The steering works fine. If I keep triggering the remote it usually will eventually respond. I can hear the car doing something when I give throttle, but it just won't move.
    When this happens I go through the programming sequence and it cures it for that run. But I have had to do this EVERY time I put a fresh battery in.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

RC Qualifier
    i would call traxxas. they would probably take care of you.

RC Racer
    Mine kinda did that...but it was the button sticking for a few seconds and messing up my program.....so after every battery I had to reset it.....then later I figured out what it was I just dealt with it....but finally got stuck and wouldnt release (waterproof version so couldnt pull apart and clean)......traxxas now has it....maybe Ill get it back soon

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner6903
    i would call traxxas.

I called. They said it sounds like a problem with the ESC. I can send it in and if they run the tests and see that it is defective they'll send me another one. I have only had the system 3 days! It was like this right out of the box.

I would like to see Traxxas change how they deal with warranty issues.

Reputable companies will send the customer a replacement part via expedited shipping with a prepaid return shipping label. They put a hold on your credit card and if they do not receive the defective item in a predetermined time they charge you full price.

As I mentioned I've only had the Velineon system for 3 days and now it will be gone for over a week. Not a real big deal compared to the oil spill but just a thought.

Don't feel bad man. My brand new Sidewinder ESC had a bum BEC causing it to act 10 kinds of stupid.

At least you only have to wait a week. Castle's site says it can take up to 3 weeks for mine to get repaired.