Thread: Hyperion

RC Qualifier

Hyperion

Does anyone use this charger and if so how do you like it. http://www.allerc.com/product_info.p...oducts_id=3367

I am getting ready to make the switch to lipo and need a new charger. I think it is either going to be this or the Dynamite passport ultra. Which do you guys think is the better charger?

Thank you

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Ive read alot of good things about hyperion and I know dadx2 swears by them. I dont know if this is their top of the line model but by reading the specs I see it only charges at 6amps and discharges at 1amp. It also doesnt come with trx charge leads so youll need to build or buy one. Its a good price, bit cheaper than the Passport ultra.
    I own the passport ultra and came from a venom pro. The venom pro isnt as powerful as the Hyperion, but it does come with charge leads for just about every battery out there. It charges at only one amp less than the hyperion and, from what I can see, has very similar specs other than the slightly lower charge rate.
    The Passport ultra on the other hand can charge at 8amps and discharge at 5 amps. It has built in balance plugs so no extra wiring is necessary. You can remove the DC lead (car battery clips) if you dont use them so they arent in the way. It also requires the purchase of the correct battery leads or a squid (great choice) and its a bit more expensive than the other 2.
    Honestly, Id go with the passport for the extra money. Its been a GREAT charger so far, has great features, 8 amp charge and 5 amp discharge. But its ultimately up to you to decide what is more important.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

I have one and I have no complaints. It isn't the most powerful charger but it works great for what I need it for.
    Vantage/MMM/1515 Revo
    MMM/1518 Revo
    T-Maxx 3.3

RC Qualifier
    Thanks guy for the information I am really leaning toward the passport ultra.

RC Champion
    Honestly, You cant compare the 606i and the Passport Ultra... well you cant without coming to the conclusion that buying the Dynamite is the better route.

It's always been my thinking that buying the absolute best charger you can is an investment in your batteries lifespan. That being said, while i agree that the passport is a great charger, i believe that the Hyperion 720i is better by far and only costs 20 more than the passport, but you'd need a power supply. Same goes for the iCharger series. the 206b or the 208b are far more capable high quality solution but will also require a power supply. these might seem like overkill now, but who knows what you'll be charging a year from now...

My point being, buy the best you can get and never look back. none of your choices will disappoint tho... best of luck with your decision.
    Slash 2wd w/ Novak
    Rusty w/ Castle