Thread: Salt Water????

RC Competitor

Salt Water????

I live near a bay in wildwood nj.I would like to get this boat for salt water running.Is it a good choice and if so what precuastions should i take in running in salt water? What matainence should i do?

RC Qualifier
    This boat is like any other boat in saltwater and it will run just fine.
    As for precausions you just have to make sure after you're done running the boat to spray it down with freshwater & flush out the cooling system.
    You should also lubricate all the necessary parts as needed to keep everything running smooth.
    Besides that just go have fun.
    VXL Rustler on 3s
    Villain IVX on (2) 2s

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by tech14
    I live near a bay in wildwood nj.I would like to get this boat for salt water running.Is it a good choice and if so what precuastions should i take in running in salt water? What matainence should i do?
    WD40 can be your friend..
    use it before and after your run in salt water, and when you get home flush out the system with fresh water and all will be fine
    First MiniSlash
    HK6XL Revo 4s 60mph Amsoil dealer

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by filmmaker
    WD40 can be your friend..
    use it before and after your run in salt water, and when you get home flush out the system with fresh water and all will be fine
    We run from coast to coast at times in any stretch of water that will have us. Saltwater running doesn't require that much extra care. We use an old bug spray pesticide cannister filled with water. You know the kind you pump and spray on your garden. On race days we just spray the boat down after each run with the fresh water. Then at the end of the day we pull, rinse, clean and grease the shaft, spray WD on all moving parts and through water lines, then oil the bearings in the strut. Maybe 2 minutes more work than usual.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrobaby
    We run from coast to coast at times in any stretch of water that will have us. Saltwater running doesn't require that much extra care. We use an old bug spray pesticide cannister filled with water. You know the kind you pump and spray on your garden. On race days we just spray the boat down after each run with the fresh water. Then at the end of the day we pull, rinse, clean and grease the shaft, spray WD on all moving parts and through water lines, then oil the bearings in the strut. Maybe 2 minutes more work than usual.
    even without running in saltwater, taking a few minutes after a day of running will keep the boats lasting longer
    First MiniSlash

RC Qualifier
    im sure i read at the traxxas web site the other day it was fine to run the titan in salt water . it was in the pages with details about the titan from memory

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by H2O~Boy
    This boat is like any other boat in saltwater and it will run just fine.
    As for precausions you just have to make sure after you're done running the boat to spray it down with freshwater & flush out the cooling system.
    You should also lubricate all the necessary parts as needed to keep everything running smooth.
    Besides that just go have fun.
    Very interesting, I didn't think most boats could go in salt water
    PLEASE do not PM me and immediately go offline :p

RC Qualifier
    Any boat can go in salt water. But how it's built & taken care of will determine it's lifespan. The biggest issue is corrosion as it can and will eat away at parts much faster than freshwater.
    So as long as you clean it and flush it out regularly after running in the salty stuff you'll be golden.
    VXL Rustler on 3s
    Villain IVX on (2) 2s

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinger30
    im sure i read at the traxxas web site the other day it was fine to run the titan in salt water . it was in the pages with details about the titan from memory
    You are correct!
    Salt water is no biggie
    First MiniSlash