RC Enthusiast

spektrum problem

Hello,
    I have 3 weeks old (bought new) Spektrum Dx3e. No issues till yesterday. Slash drives like it used to drive, fast and nice, BUT when I switch off transmitter something happens. Esc and servo emit quiet "shaky" sound, like there was some kind of interference like in cheap am radio. Engine nor servo aren't moving enough to move wheels, but it's 2.4Ghz radio... There shouldn't be any interference...
    There wasn't such problem till yesterday. I have re-bind transmitter and receiver. It helped a bit, but didn't eliminate the problem. This sound isn't all the time when transmitter is off, like 10 sec quiet, bzbzbzbzbz, 30 sec quiet, bzbzbzbzbz, 10 min quiet. It is always when I switch on transmitter, on receiver, off transmitter. When I switch on receiver with transmitter off, there is no such problem.
    My Slash is stock apart from Dx3e and Jconcepts body.
    Any ideas ?
    Warranty ? Bad servo ? Water in receiver ?

RC Racer
    My opinion is that nothing's wrong. Just turn your transmitter back on or your receiver off.

RC Enthusiast
    Problem is that there wasn't such problem 2 days ago. Is it possible to destroy somehow filsafe ?

It's because you are turning the TX off before turning the ESC off. Your controller should be the first to be turned on and last to be turned off.

2.4Ghz systems are less prone to interference but there is no guarantee that you will never have any interference. There are other devices that operate on 2.4Ghz. Like already mentioned you should turn your car off before your radio always.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    sounds like the fail safe on the receiver is set wrong. my frist rx was used and set for a nitro ... found out when turned car on and it took off in reverse. im going to guess the failsafe eventually shuts off so it dont kill the batt by chance when you were rebinding your controller you sat it on the wheel so it registeerd a slight movement ?
    Last edited by leroy; 06-11-2010 at 03:59 PM.
    Slash, Rustler VXl, Summit, erevo, lots of non trx