Thread: Rough Water

RC Enthusiast

Rough Water

How does it handle

My formula and Villain rip up the bay
    wondering if it could take some waves

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Its alot bigger than a villain, hopefully its at least O.K. in rougher water. I rarely have super smooth water to run in. But when its glassy I get the whole lake to myself.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Racer
    i imagine it will do a bit better than the villain. its what; 6" longer than the vex and wider. i am sure it will be one of the best boats for rough waters

RC Qualifier
    Its hard to judge how well it will handle in the rough without testing it yet. But it should do fairly well. I don't think it'll do quite as well as the villain simply because of the lower deadrise. However I'm betting the handling in the smooth will be better than the villain could ever dream of.

Scratch that actually. I just looked up the specs & apparently the Titan has a steeper deadrise than the villain by 2 degrees. It doesn't seem like that from the pictures, but I guess it is. So in that case it should handle the rough very well as long as you control the throttle.
    Last edited by H2O~Boy; 06-10-2010 at 09:41 PM.
    VXL Rustler on 3s
    Villain IVX on (2) 2s

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I think the problem in rough water will be that its so fast it will be hard to keep it under control. I had no issues with my Villain on dual 6cell nimh... but when I went to dual 2S Lipos I could barely keep it right side up. Then again, im a crappy driver.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Competitor
    The big advantage to the Titan I see is the ability to shift the weight fore and aft via the battery placement. This alone is going to make the boat take a "set" to any condition you may be playing in.
    Much like driving the real ones, it's all about timing and you are constantly on and off the throttle in big water.....and that's from experience!
    Your signature can not be longer than 50 character

Do you guys think this will handle boat waves? My grandpa lives on the Tennessee River so boats are constantly going by, so waves are almost always present. I want to make sure this thing will handle the waves before I spend the money.
    Stampede VXL Mini-T Nitro Stampede RC10T RC10B4 FT

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    This hull should do very well in the wake!
    First MiniSlash
    HK6XL Revo 4s 60mph Amsoil dealer