Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. #1
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    west palm beach FL
    Posts
    1,205

    future accessories?

    id love to see a brass or stainless prop along with maybe some alternate hull colors. id also like to see a platinum version without a radio and such. id also love to see alternate cocpit/covers like an open one or something

    what do yall think?
    Last edited by SRTracer121; 06-09-2010 at 08:37 AM.
    FieroMan121|SPC LiPo powered|Vintage TRX collector

  2. #2
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    650
    Traxxas has never made upgraded props for their boats so I doubt they will, esp when they say this prop is optimized for the titan. But i'm sure graupner or octura will make some for it. I thought I read somewhere that the titan will have a 5mm shaft size (not positive tho), if so that means it'll be quite hard to find props currently to fit it.
    Some new hull colors (or graphics if you will) would be pretty sweet. There will be a red & a blue, but i'd love to see silver, black, orange, etc.
    As for the platinum version or different cockpit covers I highly doubt as they have never done that before for the marine, probably to keep things simpler & costs down. Although i'm pretty happy with the cockpit cover now, but a platinum version would be awesome.
    VXL Rustler on 3s
    Villain IVX on (2) 2s

  3. #3
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    928
    Give me a Trailer please so I can haul this thing behind my Maxx.
    **I hope there are RCs in Heaven; EMBE + 6S FTW!**

  4. #4
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    mars
    Posts
    164
    if they made a triler that would be so awesome. even thought they never will

  5. #5
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Bowling Green, KY
    Posts
    1,035
    The accessory list is showing a stainless steel ball bearing rudder thing. It seems bushing would be a bit less to worry about in this case being it will be in pond and lake water.
    ****** out Rustler
    Slash 4x4 gettin' close

  6. #6
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Tacoma washington
    Posts
    301
    i wonder if i can put the power system in my summit
    E-maxx 3905
    outlaw RPM VXL Slash
    summit

  7. #7
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    650
    Quote Originally Posted by fisheydude
    The accessory list is showing a stainless steel ball bearing rudder thing. It seems bushing would be a bit less to worry about in this case being it will be in pond and lake water.
    Bushings themselves are very cheap and still get the job done pretty well. For example you can buy a whole set for the villain for only a couple bucks. While bearings do reduce friction and provide for a smoother drivtrain, they are more expensive and can wear out equally as fast, if not faster when not taken care of properly.
    But in the end traxxas uses bushings because they are cost effective, and they can then sell bearings as an upgrade item.

    And omega, technically yes you could use this system in your summit, however you would need to also install an aftermarket land water cooling kit for it (because this esc is water-cooled unlike cars where they are air cooled) otherwise it would overheat.
    Not to mention I have a feeling 1600kv on 6s lipo would tear up the summits drivetrain in a heartbeat.
    VXL Rustler on 3s
    Villain IVX on (2) 2s

  8. #8
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    483
    If its a 5mm shaft or DOg drive , octura will have a sweet load of props to better suit, if its not 5mm you can always swap out the flex drive with a stock one and away you go, the possibilitys are endless, X645 would be my choice. maybe with some cup and pitch added. 60mph no probs aslong as their 50mph is accurate.
    Go hard or go Home!

  9. #9
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Emaxx2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    West Palm Beach Fl
    Posts
    4,087
    Quote Originally Posted by H2O~Boy
    Traxxas has never made upgraded props for their boats so I doubt they will, esp when they say this prop is optimized for the titan. But i'm sure graupner or octura will make some for it. I thought I read somewhere that the titan will have a 5mm shaft size (not positive tho), if so that means it'll be quite hard to find props currently to fit it.
    Some new hull colors (or graphics if you will) would be pretty sweet. There will be a red & a blue, but i'd love to see silver, black, orange, etc.
    As for the platinum version or different cockpit covers I highly doubt as they have never done that before for the marine, probably to keep things simpler & costs down. Although i'm pretty happy with the cockpit cover now, but a platinum version would be awesome.
    If this boat does sell. Traxxas might make hop-ups for it. I know I want one.
    Simply the best. The beautiful Traxxas SRT and TCP

  10. #10
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,038
    There are a ton of props on the market right now that will work great for the Titan, no need for Traxxas to make them... OSE is the place to get props and I will be trying a S220 on 5s that should get me mid 50s if not ill try a S225
    First MiniSlash
    HK6XL Revo 4s 60mph Amsoil dealer

  11. #11
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    650
    Quote Originally Posted by filmmaker
    There are a ton of props on the market right now that will work great for the Titan, no need for Traxxas to make them... OSE is the place to get props and I will be trying a S220 on 5s that should get me mid 50s if not ill try a S225
    Where are these props that will apparently fit? If the Titan indeed uses a 5mm prop shaft then the S220 or S225 won't work as they require a 3/16 inch shaft.
    VXL Rustler on 3s
    Villain IVX on (2) 2s

  12. #12
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,038
    Quote Originally Posted by H2O~Boy
    Where are these props that will apparently fit? If the Titan indeed uses a 5mm prop shaft then the S220 or S225 won't work as they require a 3/16 inch shaft.
    The props Traxxas used for testing on this sick boat all came from OSE!
    Its such a close fit you could possibly use thread tape to take up the tiny space
    Last edited by filmmaker; 06-10-2010 at 01:23 PM.
    First MiniSlash
    HK6XL Revo 4s 60mph Amsoil dealer

  13. #13
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,038
    The difference is only 0.00935" !!
    Last edited by filmmaker; 06-10-2010 at 01:28 PM.
    First MiniSlash
    HK6XL Revo 4s 60mph Amsoil dealer

  14. #14
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    650
    That may be a small difference. But being 1/4 of a mm still isn't a good fit to me. I prefer things to be perfect and not hafta force it on. Which thread tape couldn't fix being the shaft is the 1/4mm larger than the prop, not smaller.
    VXL Rustler on 3s
    Villain IVX on (2) 2s

  15. #15
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,038
    Quote Originally Posted by H2O~Boy
    That may be a small difference. But being 1/4 of a mm still isn't a good fit to me. I prefer things to be perfect and not hafta force it on. Which thread tape couldn't fix being the shaft is the 1/4mm larger than the prop, not smaller.
    They bought seveal props from Steven at OSE to use on this boat!
    They will fit.... no prop fits 100% on any shaft.. I own 14 FE Boats, and several run low to mid 50s all day long, and I'm having one built that will run 75+ in race water..
    First MiniSlash
    HK6XL Revo 4s 60mph Amsoil dealer

  16. #16
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,038
    BTW 5mm = 3/16th of an inch
    First MiniSlash
    HK6XL Revo 4s 60mph Amsoil dealer

  17. #17
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    650
    I'm not doubting that they can fit. And you seem to know what your talking about as you've done this many times before. But I do have a feeling the shaft is a hair smaller than 5mm though for a proper fitment.

    However I think it's wrong for you to say that no prop fits 100% on any shaft. Because you can easily make a perfect fit if you take the time to do it correctly.

    Btw 3/16 inch actually equals 4.76 mm
    VXL Rustler on 3s
    Villain IVX on (2) 2s

  18. #18
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,038
    Most all props are just a slight bigger than the prop shaft or they will not fit...
    So yes I can say that none of my high dollar props fit tightly (100%)
    5mm = 3/16th
    They are the same size
    First MiniSlash
    HK6XL Revo 4s 60mph Amsoil dealer

  19. #19
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    650
    If you're saying most props are slightly bigger than the prop shaft. Which I do believe is true, in the r/c world anyways.
    Then why is the possible 5mm shaft LARGER than the 3/16 inch propeller? Using your theory shouldn't it be the other way around?

    I realize nothing is an exact fit in the r/c world, but in my book 5mm still doesn't equal 3/16 inch no matter what math you use.
    VXL Rustler on 3s
    Villain IVX on (2) 2s

  20. #20
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,038
    All of my props have just a slightly bigger shaft opening that a true 3/16
    So any 3/16 props should fit up just fine..
    So actually in this case, our props could fit even better than any FE Boat I own..
    First MiniSlash
    HK6XL Revo 4s 60mph Amsoil dealer

  21. #21
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    650
    Well there ya go, you kinda went back on yourself there, but it makes more sense using that info.
    If the supposed 3/16 prop opening is actually slightly larger than that of a true 3/16, then yes it would fit very well.
    VXL Rustler on 3s
    Villain IVX on (2) 2s

  22. #22
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,038
    Back on myself, not really...
    Because 5mm is considered 3/16
    And 3/16 is considered 5mm
    When I get my Traxxas Titan I will know for sure just how well my props fit this boat..
    First MiniSlash
    HK6XL Revo 4s 60mph Amsoil dealer

  23. #23
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    650
    I have no doubt your 3/16 inch props will fit the Titan.
    I'm just sayin I still don't count 3/16 the same as 5 mm. I prefer to be more exact than that, but that's just me.
    Anyways goodluck with your Titan, and I hope you find the perfect prop setup for it. When you do let us know.
    VXL Rustler on 3s
    Villain IVX on (2) 2s

  24. #24
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    928
    Ok, i'm not getting involved but according to a google search ---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Google
    (3/16) of (1 inch) = 4.7625 millimeters
    With that said, I do understand what you mean filmmaker when you say
    Quote Originally Posted by filmmaker
    Because 5mm is considered 3/16
    And 3/16 is considered 5mm
    If you're talking lingo, and if it's one of those things where ppl consider mod .8 to be the same as 32P when talking about Pinion gears....If this is what you're trying to say film then yea I could def. understand what you mean.

    ......Wait, I said I wasn't getting involved.
    **I hope there are RCs in Heaven; EMBE + 6S FTW!**

  25. #25
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,038
    Quote Originally Posted by makaveli72
    Ok, i'm not getting involved but according to a google search ---->

    With that said, I do understand what you mean filmmaker when you say


    If you're talking lingo, and if it's one of those things where ppl consider mod .8 to be the same as 32P when talking about Pinion gears....If this is what you're trying to say film then yea I could def. understand what you mean.

    ......Wait, I said I wasn't getting involved.

    ...........
    First MiniSlash
    HK6XL Revo 4s 60mph Amsoil dealer

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •