RC Qualifier

UPDATE ON THE NEWER XTRA DUTY MIP TELESCOPIC AXLES FOR THE SLASH 4x4

Just wanted to update everyone that is interseted about the NEW XTRA-DUTY MIP Telescopic Axles (5mm diameter shafts), They are the same diameter as the ERBE, T-MAXX Shafts just shorter. They are shipping mine out today and I will post the pictures of the new ones next to the old ones next week if anyone is interested, but MIP said they should be on their website very soon or might be on their now and they are for sale, the part# for the fronts are 10132 and the rears are 10130. Seeing how MIP is the manufacturer they retail on their site for around $75.00 ouch!!!!, Tower and Stormer and others will carry them and they will be about $62.99/pair. They will still carry the regular size, they just had problems with the people that were tempering the steel and went with a different company.

RC Qualifier
    I'm ready for those pics as soon as you can post'm. The costs are very high!

RC Qualifier
    meh, ill stick to my tekno ones for 40 and they come with new hubs :P

RC Champion
    Keep us posted, can't wait for the results
    PLEASE do not PM me and immediately go offline :p

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Telnets
    meh, ill stick to my tekno ones for 40 and they come with new hubs :P
    Me too, at this price. Although whether or not they "come with new hubs" isn't a determining factor for me... it's how they handle my abuse. If the Tekno ones can't take it, I simply am not going to pay MIP $62 to fix the durability issue (with big horsepower).

I still want to see pics of the new big-and-bad MIPs as soon as possible!

Slash PE & Ja-two.

RC Qualifier

Those are them, but as soon as I receive them I will put a set side by side and take some pictures instead of having to look at diagrams. Yes the price is kinda high at $62.99/pair but they will warranty them and you will never have to buy another set, I have a MMM/2650 set-up and I will put them to the test, but I like them because you don't have to worry about the dogbones coming out or having to put straps on your a-arms and the diffs always wear from where the dogbone makes contact, I have been running the telescopics as soon as they came out and had one piece break and they shipped it to me in 3 days in was back on my Slash 4x4 and I haven't had any problems since and now they are sending me a beefier set and I wasn't about to say no. I have run standard CVD's and I personally don't like them because of the diff cups and the dogbones and MIP had the answer to those problems and then they just improved came out with their version and now you can run the standards for racing maybe because of weight or you can run the xtra duty for bashing either way they are nice.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah Im not defending Teckno or saying either CVD design is better then the other, its just a very high cost for some drive shafts is all IMO... But this hobby isnt for the cheap so, as long as they work and your willing to spend the money, its good to know there are solutions to fix some of the issues with the stock truck

RC Qualifier
    They are listed at $55.

I have always been impressed with MIP on the 1/18th scale cars, so I'll go with them.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Mud Puppy
    They are listed at $55.

I have always been impressed with MIP on the 1/18th scale cars, so I'll go with them.

The $55.00 ones are the regular duty ones, they are going to have 2 different sets of axles, regular (which are thinner steel shafts) and xtra duty (which are thicker steel shafts)The new xtra duty telescopic axles are listed at $75.00 @ MIP and $62.99 @ Tower, look for the xtra duty part numbers 10132-front & 10130-rear, they have them listed at Tower Hobbies.

RC Champion
    I'm interested in seeing the pics. I already want to replace the stocks and not sure which way to go. I'm willing to drop the bread if it's worth it.
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Competitor
    The new ones are 49.95 at stormerhobbies. Hope they will replace my front ones with the heavy duty they only last about 5 minutes or less running 2s and my medusa 4800 but the rear are holding up fine.
    Last edited by slash_48; 06-10-2010 at 06:08 PM.