RC Racer

Gearing help for everybody

I stumbled across this site and thought I would share. Don't know if anybody has posted it yet. It may help as a starting point for some of us. Thanks http://www.comeseethis.com/gearing/Default.aspx

RC poster
    Thanks for the site

RC Enthusiast
    The calculations are fine, but the recommendations are useless. Gearing is relative to voltage / track / kind of driving and handling, among other things.
    One day racing, one week repairing.

RC Champion
    very interesting...
    PLEASE do not PM me and immediately go offline :p

RC Enthusiast
    That's my site.

The recommendations come from what the motor manufacture suggests. Yes, there are MANY variables that need to be taken into consideration, but what you see on that site will get you in the ball park when you're starting with no information at all.

So, the recommendations are not useless, but they are not written in stone, they are a starting point. It's very helpful for people who have no clue on where to even start. When I got my first brushless motor (17.5 in an RC10 B4) I used the same gearing that I had on my 27t brushed motor. I had no idea that I head to gear it so **** high.

Anyways, take it for what it is... just suggestions. You always need to check your temps when figuring out gearing, and take battery voltage (2s/2s/4s)track size and layout, driving style, environment temperature, and ESC settings into account.

Remember to check your temperatures!

http://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/_top_speed.html this is a very good speed calc.
    _
    _
    _ 3 lines are all that's allowed in a sig.