RC Enthusiast

MIP BALL DIFF just spins

I just got a mip ball diff and the diff will not get tight enough to transfer the power to the wheels im not new to ball diffs after racing for years.Im hearing there just junk.

ANY TIPS

Quote Originally Posted by iceman96
    I just got a mip ball diff and the diff will not get tight enough to transfer the power to the wheels im not new to ball diffs after racing for years.Im hearing there just junk.

ANY TIPS

I haven't used the MIP diff yet,but it looks very similar to the Traxxas pro-diff.Many people think both are junk,but I've had good luck with the Traxxas diff.Just take a lot more maintenance than many Rustler/Slash owners are willing to do.

Sounds to me like a washer or something of that nature is either missing or installed wrong.Hard to say without seeing it,but the diff should have at least some kind of tension if it's assembled correctly and the tensioning screw is not messed up.

RC Qualifier
    No experience with the MIP diff here either, but I have used the Traxxas ball diff in several trucks.

Like Harry said, could be assembled wrong or may just need to be tightened up.

RC Racer
    i have an mip ball diff and it sounds like you don't have it adjusted right, on the left side take the axel off from the tranny and push the stub in, it may take a little wiggling but once it is in insert a small allen wrench into the drive shaft hole and turn counter clock wise that tightens up the diff. if you don't get the shaft to push in it won't tighten up and will just spin. and make sure to pull it back out so you can put your drive shaft pin back in. hope this helps

RC Enthusiast
    I know it's together right,it just won't tighten enough.I have the tranny on my bench out of the car and with it as tight as it goes i can put a allen wrench in both output shafts and turn the spur easy[slipper clutch is cranked tight

RC Racer
    i would suggest tearing it apart and reading through your distructions again and see if somewhere something you might have missed

RC Enthusiast
    I Have It Fixed