Thread: traxxas cvd

RC Racer

traxxas cvd

has/is anyone using the new traxxas cvds for the slash 4x4 yet they look sharp. i have used them on my e maxx and had no problems at all.

RC Qualifier
    When,where and how do we get these things? They do look pretty good.

RC Qualifier
    I've been asking about this on the forums for awhile... nobody has em yet because Traxxas is taking FOREVER to get them out. Seriously, come on Traxxas...

RC Champion
    It does seem to take them a long time for them to get new products out... like the PE...
    PLEASE do not PM me and immediately go offline :p

RC Qualifier
    Owner of: 1/10 Slash 4x4 Platinum Edition

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by PontiacGT201
    exactly... it says "call", which means they aren't even out yet. Good job Traxxas, now you are losing more business to all the other companies that actually have CVDs available.

They really shouldn't even advertise for these items if they aren't even going to come out with them.

RC Qualifier
    Go with the TeknoRC Driveshafts.....they are sweet!!! It makes the Slash 4X4 a much smoother rolling ride. It's worth the investment.
    FangsCPO
    "How fast was I going Officer?" Wow?

RC Champion
    I wish a traxxas employee would clue us in on this...

RC Qualifier
    Just to let everyone know, The Owner of MIP called me today and told me that they completely beefed up the new MIP Telescopic axles for the Slash 4x4, he said they upsized the diamter of all the pins, the shafts are bigger, he basically said they are a lot beefier then the original axles that came out about 2 months ago. Although they are not available yet, he is sending me a set of Fronts and Rears and I will take a picture of them and post it for those that are interested. He said they should be available in about 2 weeks. Just thought I would update everyone.

RC Champion
    Thanks for the info... I look farward to the pics

RC Racer
    i will wait for the traxxas ones, i have used their cvds on my e maxx and they are sweet. they held up to a titan 775 running 2 2s lipos with no problems.

RC Enthusiast
    I loved the MIP design, they "were" silky smooth. I am anxiously awaiting your review. As I think most of us are.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BBBB
    Just to let everyone know, The Owner of MIP called me today and told me that they completely beefed up the new MIP Telescopic axles for the Slash 4x4, he said they upsized the diamter of all the pins, the shafts are bigger, he basically said they are a lot beefier then the original axles that came out about 2 months ago. Although they are not available yet, he is sending me a set of Fronts and Rears and I will take a picture of them and post it for those that are interested. He said they should be available in about 2 weeks. Just thought I would update everyone.
    that's cool but...
    what are they doing about the ones they already have out and break like glass ?
    Yup, that's right... i'm a ***** fanboy.

RC Qualifier
    I don't understand why they don't over build these things in the first place. They know how much power brushless systems are cranking out these days. So build some CV's that are big and burly first time around, I'd rather have a heavy set of drive shafts that dont break then a pair of light weight shafts that are ticking time bombs.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by BBBB
    That's what Traxxas said about the stock driveshafts...

RC Racer
    if things wouldn't break...

how do you thing they would make money?

this is business...
    Splash Slash

RC Qualifier
    I have a feeling that if you have bought the MIP telescopic axles for your slash 4x4 and have had any parts of them break that MIP will replace them with the new beefier versions, worst case scenerio is you will have to send back the broken parts, but they will probably replace the entire front & rears. The ones you have now and the new beefier ones are not compatible from what he was telling me because the new parts are bigger.

RC Qualifier
    I have a feeling those MIP's will be expensive................
    assembled in Tawain, hopped up in America

RC Qualifier
    when i talked to traxxas last week they said the new cvd's didn't even come up in their weekly meeting they have to cover upcoming releases.. maybe stalled in engineering.. who knows but it could be a while..
    slash 4x4

RC Enthusiast
    I personally don't care if they're more expensive, I just want them to not break. I've been through too much money already replacing axles that were supposed to be able to last. THAT was the main reason I bought the thing, they said it was built to handle it.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH 补共
    I have a feeling those MIP's will be expensive................

unfortunately since i was a paying beta tester for the first set, i will not be sinking money into a revised product that i already purchased less than a month ago. MIP REALLY dropped the ball on the R&D if they're already revising these a couple short months after the initial release.
    Yup, that's right... i'm a ***** fanboy.

RC Competitor
    I spoke with MIP yesterday after snapping a cvd. They said they changed the company that heat treated the parts and it was subpar. Also mentioned the new XD heavy duty cvd's that are coming soon. They are warrantying mine current cvd but that doesn't help when I snap it again. :-( They should offer an exchange.