Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    468

    Exclamation discontinued t-maxx classic parts

    So I noticed the rpm a-arms are no longer being produced. Looks like I'll be searching ebay for those.

    Has all the replacement and aftermarket parts, that aren't 2.5/3.3 interchangeable, been discontinued?

    What else would be good to stock up on?
    -bulkheads
    -bumper brackets
    -12" bodies
    -axle carriers

  2. #2
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    468
    -axles
    -driveshafts

  3. #3
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Stillwater, MN
    Posts
    1,610
    -round body posts

    the newer gray bulkheads will work on a classic and I think the bumper mounts are the same.
    Last edited by johnny5c; 06-03-2010 at 08:22 PM.
    Revo.27TX/Jato.18/Maxx523/Maxx3.3/GMAXX/Rusty/ERBE

  4. #4
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Medway MA
    Posts
    2,104
    There are tons of short bodies on ebay too
    Nothin' like a 4 on the floor and a V8

  5. #5
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    468

  6. #6
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Snook Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sugar Hill Ga.
    Posts
    8,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Matrix243
    So I noticed the rpm a-arms are no longer being produced. Looks like I'll be searching ebay for those.
    http://www.eboyztoyz.net/index.php?op=showitem&sku=5352
    No slipper/tall gearing/power = broken parts.

  7. #7
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. troutfisher9's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    5,286
    Or simply convert it to widemaxx and parts will be plentiful. All you need is axles and turnbuckles/toe links from a 2.5, or if you convert to to 3.3 specs then the axle carriers as well.

    Edit...Oh yeah, and a-arms too
    With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound...

  8. #8
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,759
    Just go all the way, go for the whole enchilada , and upgrade to 3.3 spec (the knuckles, aka axle carriers, are wider on the 3.3 than on the 2.5, so it will be wider than 2.5 spec). Or even better still, get the RPM Tru-Track rear suspension conversion kit, and convert the front to 3.3 spec to match; I would say that is your best bet to get .
    Oh where'd you go, Joe DiMaggio?

  9. #9
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    468
    good catch, thanks.

  10. #10
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    468
    Quote Originally Posted by troutfisher9
    Or simply convert it to widemaxx and parts will be plentiful. All you need is axles and turnbuckles/toe links from a 2.5, or if you convert to to 3.3 specs then the axle carriers as well.

    Edit...Oh yeah, and a-arms too

    probably kill 2 birds that way too. is there a parts list for the conversion?

  11. #11
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    468

  12. #12
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. troutfisher9's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    5,286
    I don't think there is an "kit" but one easy way to do the conversion would be to contact this seller http://stores.ebay.com/UA-Hobbies?_rdc=1
    He's a member here, and tell him troutfisher9 sent you and he'll set you up with everything you need to convert using stock 3.3 parts.
    With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound...

  13. #13
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    53
    Does anyone know about how much it would cost to go from .15 pro to 3.3 in everything but the engine?

  14. #14
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    314
    Quote Originally Posted by jwm2
    Does anyone know about how much it would cost to go from .15 pro to 3.3 in everything but the engine?

    All you need is this conversion kit

    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...P?I=LXDAJ7&P=8

  15. #15
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    53
    In everything BUT the engine. Meaning i already have the engine i want, i just want to upgrade everything else.

  16. #16
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Nitronaught's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    18,585
    Quote Originally Posted by Petox20
    Just go all the way, go for the whole enchilada , and upgrade to 3.3 spec (the knuckles, aka axle carriers, are wider on the 3.3 than on the 2.5, so it will be wider than 2.5 spec). Or even better still, get the RPM Tru-Track rear suspension conversion kit, and convert the front to 3.3 spec to match; I would say that is your best bet to get .
    I did that, well worth it. Wider stance and more stable over terrain, better control.
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

  17. #17
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. troutfisher9's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    5,286
    Quote Originally Posted by jwm2
    In everything BUT the engine. Meaning i already have the engine i want, i just want to upgrade everything else.
    Convert a pro .15 to a 3.3 truck, changing everything but the engine? You'd be better off buying a new tmaxx if you are going to change over everything but the engine. Then you'll have two engines, but you can wear one out in a good summer.
    With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound...

  18. #18
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    468
    Ya, you would end up paying for then a brand new 3.3 piecing everything together.

    For me, I think I'll just find some RPM parts and beef up the weak areas and then maybe later get a 3.3. Or, BB 4.5????

  19. #19
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    468
    Doesn't look like jconcepts is going to design 12" wheelbase raptor body for the tmaxx anytime soon.

    Just got this email,

    Thanks for your email.
    We have a lot of projects we are working on but we appreciate all input and
    suggestions!

    Best regards,

  20. #20
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    657
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny5c
    -round body posts

    the newer gray bulkheads will work on a classic and I think the bumper mounts are the same.
    You have to modify them to work in a classic 2.5 maxx

  21. #21
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    468
    Looks like they ran out of stock. Only 1 left.

  22. #22
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    468
    anybody find any sources for tmaxx classic parts?

    would rather fix the old one then have to buy the new 3.3.

  23. #23
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    626
    Just buy integy there parts, they're "super strong"... NOT!

    RPM FOREVER!!!

  24. #24
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Nitronaught's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    18,585
    Quote Originally Posted by TmaxxKidDuDE
    You have to modify them to work in a classic 2.5 maxx
    In what way do you have to modify the bulks? I don't think you are correct.

    IMHO, I would skip the conversion kit, upgrade the driveline to 3.3 specs and put an OS .18CVRX drop in motor. This way you avoid having to use a conversion kit for the exhaust and the linkage and just concentrate on the driveline.
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •