RC Racer

RPM and outerwears

Ok so i just got a job and i am ready to upgrade my slash. First off i think i am going to order an outerwears cover soon cuz i hate getting my electronics covered in mud but i just hope it wont cause heat issues. Second, i really like the RPM mudflaps so i think i will get a pair of those along with the rear bumper (cuz i think you have to have the bumper in order to use the flaps.) So what do you guys think, is it worth the money or is there better options for a cover and mudflaps? Thanks
    Slash 4x4
    Losi xxx-t Brushless

RC Qualifier
    i picked up the rear bumper because i liked the flaps too. i like the style of them and the rpm bumper is much more durable than stock. i say if ya got the cash and you like 'em, then they're worth it.
    Yup, that's right... i'm a ***** fanboy.

RC Champion
    Depending on what bashing, racing you are doing, the cover will increase heat slightly, probably the better of all covers i've read about
    MMM/2650, E-maxx Body=FUN !
    3 Slash 4x4
    Pede 4x4

I prefer PL undertray.
    Slash PE & Ja-two.

RC Racer
    yeah i have heard lots about the undertray but i dont think that will help keep stuff out of my electronics as much as the outerwears cover or an overtray.
    Slash 4x4
    Losi xxx-t Brushless

RC Racer
    I use outerwears in mud/water now.

It's OK probably about a 6 or 7 out of ten for what it's intended to do which is to keep out dirt/mud... Fine dust gets in and I did have a small amount of mud and grass in the chassis after using outerwears on the BMX tracks. It does not eliminate all the mud/dirt nor is it completely water resistant.

My truck gets too hot with 3s and outerwears with motor temps hitting 200 and I'm not even driving it that hard.. I have had to cut the windscreen out to get more airflow as the outerwears does not flow through enough air.

If you run in mud a lot and rocky/pebbly areas it's not a bad choice - I'd cut the windscreen out to keep temps down and get a motor heatsink + ESC fan which is what I use.

2s and Nimh are ok but the 3s cooks underneath

RC Champion
    Too bad the chasis isn't aluminum, to absorb and dissipate heat from the motor, motor mount, etc.
    3905 E-MAXX