RC Enthusiast

E-revo brushless vs. E-maxx brushless

Hey guys, looking into getting a e-revo brushless or a e-maxx brushless but I'm not sure which one to get. I hear the e-revo is more durable but more of a racer and the e-maxx is more a basher but less durable? What do you guys think? I dont think I'd ever go out to race but I want a good balanced car that can still bash and be a decent racer. How's the revo on jumps? What can it handle? any concerns about it? I know this question has probably been brought up a million times before but i just want to know for myself, thanks! I'm leaning towards the revo so far but Im worried about jumping it and breaking it

RC Qualifier
    After owning a Revo I will never need a maxx and I only bash. It's such a versatile, well-rounded car.
    xl-5 Stampede
    ERBE Tekin 6s
    ERBE MMM 4/6s

RC Racer
    A more-durable racer is a better basher, in my opinion.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for the help guys, I'm pretty sure I'm getting a revo now. Just one last thing, are they good on jumps? I'm just paranoid about making a decent sized jump and breaking it

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for the help guys, I'm planning on getting a revo now. But just one more thing. Can they handle decent sized jumps? I'm just paranoid about it landing a jump and breaking

RC Qualifier
    HUGE jumps... just look it up
    xl-5 Stampede
    ERBE Tekin 6s
    ERBE MMM 4/6s

RC Champion
    set up the shocks and ride height real good and it will be great at jumps.
    E-Revo MMM-2200 6s

RC Qualifier
    The Revo will take on jumps the E maxx would struggle to survive. The Revo also has killer air controll and endless set up options. I see no reason other than a more realistic monster truck look out of the box to go with an E maxx over the Revo. Watch some vids and search some threads plenty have discussed this. I don't even feel this is a fair comparison anymore after owning both and experiencing the Revo's ability over the E maxx first hand. Some say the E maxx is a better basher but I dissagree- the Revo can take more, is more capable, has more options, and on top of that it can be a great racer if one wanted.
    That's Just How I Roll o==o>

RC Enthusiast
    Yesss!! I think my dream of getting a revo will come true after all then.... ps if anyones looking for an almost full aluminum rustler vxl for 350 shipped obo let me know! thanks again guys!!

RC Qualifier
    Revo is 10 times better than E-maxx in terms of durability, structure, etc. The only thing I like in Maxx is its look. I can say that since I own both E-REVO brushless and EMBE. To make EMBE as strong as ERBE, it will take you twice the money you will spend on revo. but after finishing upgrading, it will look better than ERBE with all shiny metal parts.

RC Qualifier
    the ERBE has suspension that is high performance. nuff said'

RC Qualifier
    After owning the original E-maxx and the new E-maxx, all I can say is NEVER AGAIN.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Carguy
    After owning the original E-maxx and the new E-maxx, all I can say is NEVER AGAIN.
    Care to share the reasons why?
    ◄▲▼► SUMMIT ●○●○● 2 RUSTLER VXL's ●○●○● MERV ◄▲▼►

emaxx hav a history of bulk head failures and breaking of shocks - even though both can be upgraded with stronger materials. Even the new Emaxx has the same old bulkhead design. But the good thing is most part are interchangeable (tmaxx - orig emaxx, new emaxx)

Erevo rarely have bulk head problems - though there has been a few. In my revos the only issues I have are broken bumper mounts and pivot balls popping out on hard hits.
    MAN, Use Common Sense.
    Outside? THERE IS NO BOX !

J, I thought you had already decided to get a E-maxx. As much as I was trying to yell through my computer " NOOOO "
    _
    _
    _ 3 lines are all that's allowed in a sig.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by asheck
    J, I thought you had already decided to get a E-maxx. As much as I was trying to yell through my computer " NOOOO "

◄▲▼► SUMMIT ●○●○● 2 RUSTLER VXL's ●○●○● MERV ◄▲▼►

RC Qualifier
    noir522,

How do you like the Dewalt motor you have stated on your Summitt? How is the speed, reliability, hassle to install? Would you do it again on another car?
    BL Revo, eRevo, MERV x 3 and still counting.

dealt was great - power house torque. I was experimenting with different gears and gps speeds. I had it up to 38mph but my alignment was a little off and I could not controll it well at high speeds. Then I stuck in a 24/54 combo - it juuuust baaarely baaarely fit. before I could set up for a gps run a friend came over and I showed him the truck, and ran it hard (showing off). I had forgotten that I put in the higher gears and the dewalt began to smoke and melted the connector wires off. Motor still runs but smells pretty bad. Switched to a Tekin. But yes I would definalty do it again. no hassle to install - 30 min of soldering, dremel a washer to use as a spacer, solder some capacitors. Very dependable and strong.
    The only hassle was soldering the capacitor to the outside of the motor. But great upgrade
    Last edited by noir 522; 06-02-2010 at 07:54 AM.
    MAN, Use Common Sense.
    Outside? THERE IS NO BOX !

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay 313
    Care to share the reasons why?

The bulkheads on the emaxx is a major weak link. I had broken them numerous times, Black ones gray ones and aluminum.
    Last edited by Carguy; 06-03-2010 at 02:39 PM.