Thread: Broken parts??

RC Qualifier

Broken parts??

What are the first parts to break? I know the shock caps suck and, at least on the 2wd trucks, the caster blocks. Im thinking of picking up a 4x4 to build a backslash so I wanna know what pretty much NEEDS to be replaced to make it a good basher.

Thanks,
    Frankie
    Neu 1512 1.5Y Rustler 23/50 geared 3S powered

RC Qualifier
    since january with moderate bashing and racing i have:

-popped 2 shock caps on plastic shocks, replaced them with the aluminum big bores from my 2wd slash, losi black/blue springs and 55wt fluid

-broke one rear bearing carrier, my fault because i drifted into my truck's tire, hard impact

-broke two of the stock plastic front drive hubs, simply replaced it with the hardened steel replacement 6888X

-slightly bent one of my rear axles, still on same driveshaft assemblies since early january!

thats it!
    MMM E-Revo
    VXL Slash 4x4
    VXL Slash 2wd

RC poster
    here's what I've broken in a few months of driving around in the yard and playing on the track:
    rear bearing carrier - high speed hit on street curb
    front A arm- ditto above replaced with RPM all around
    one front drive hub- replaced with another plastic but since have found the 6888x so will replace that soon with the metal one
    bent a few axles but haven't broken one yet. replaced the rears with new ones as they were very bent.
    bent two shock shafts. the ti colored ones are supposed to be stronger but will probably spring for proline shocks in the next week or two. I put on AL shock caps upon recommendations from others but haven't had any issues.

other than that, if you are good at keeping the bearings clean, you should be good to go.

RC Competitor
    since i got my slash i broke...

5 rear hub carriers

one back arm... rpm took care of that

shock parts...

spur gear stripped...

broke a bearing for my rear hub carrier...

that's all but you can upgrade most of them...

RC Qualifier
    It seems like its the usual parts lol except the drive hub of course. How does the drive hub break? Slipper adjustment?
    Neu 1512 1.5Y Rustler 23/50 geared 3S powered

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankie Figs
    It seems like its the usual parts lol except the drive hub of course. How does the drive hub break? Slipper adjustment?
    i broke mine doing backflips out of a 5 ft quarter pipe at the skateboard park.. it was clearly my fault when it broke though

wheels spinning at around 40 mph instantly stopping on the ground, you're bound to break something
    MMM E-Revo
    VXL Slash 4x4
    VXL Slash 2wd

RC Qualifier
    Hmmm...so far here's my list of broken parts on my Platinum Edition:
    bent or broke probably about stock 10 axles and one FLM axle
    Sheared the shoulder screw on the top of my steering block (still need to get it drilled out, so I'm using plastic one for now)
    Rear Diff Housing
    Battery hold down post (uhhh that's a weird one isn't it?)
    disintegrated the bearings on my rear hub carrier
    stripped 4 spur gears (meshing is very important on this vehicle)
    Body is also a weak point. These trucks take a beating since the body absorbs most of the impact a lot of the time, they really need to be made of .060" lexan

I'm sure I'm missing something, but these are the things that pop up right away. I've done MANY upgrades to this truck so hopefully breaking things is going to start to become less and less.
    Slash 4x4 PE - MMM 2650, Losi 8ight 2.0 Shocks