RC Qualifier

Aluminum body posts?

Does anyone know if there's a company that makes aluminum body posts for the slash 4x4? Mine are getting torn up from sliding on the pavement and so I'm looking for some aluminum ones that won't get destroyed as easily.

Thanks
    Thunder SM, Predator SM, Slash 4x4, ERBE

RC Racer
    I think Golden Horizons just released some new aluminum parts at ghhobby.com . Might want to check out the roll bar from new era. It has saved my body mounts, is light, and acts like a sway bar.

Here's some pics of the roll bar. It's been a great product and is about the same price as aluminum front and back mounts, but also adds extra protection.

http://s968.photobucket.com/albums/a...%20Roll%20Bar/

RC Qualifier
    maxx919, i recently switched to GH Racing (golden horizon) aluminum body posts on my e-revo, because i was annoyed with always having to replace the plastic posts after high speed roll-overs on pavement, no wear at all on these aluminum posts after several slides down the road!! hopefully someone starts producing aluminum posts for the slash 4x4, mine are starting to wear down now too

ksoul, how is the roll bar supposed to save the body posts? maybe you're thinking about the shock towers instead?? also, how does the roll bar act like a sway bar? i ordered one last friday, not here yet, but im wondering about that comment
    MMM E-Revo
    VXL Slash 4x4
    VXL Slash 2wd

RC Racer
    im not sure Ksoul understand how sway bars work...
    TRA6898
    is that it looks like
    where that roll bar mount it doesnt provide any anti roll characteristics...
    4X4/sw.kit/rpm fr & rr/m.flaps/motor&esc kw club!

RC Qualifier
    If you put aluminum body post on your truck, they are worst, because they will cost more to replace besides they will bend and they will look like crap when they get all scaped up, besides the plastic post are very cheap to replace vs the aluminum post. You will regret putting aluminum post on there, I tried it with my E-Revo and regretted every minute of it and went backl to the plastic stock post.

RC poster
    ^^^^ same story here

RC Qualifier
    BBBB, why do you regret putting aluminum posts on your e-revo, i LOVE mine, GH Racing

pretty cheap at $13, stock plastic parts are $9.50 and you get a ton of parts that you dont need each time you need just the posts.. LINK

i'd wear a set of plastic posts through in about a month before, but no wear on these ones after a few weeks.. i'm confident that if a quality company made a set of aluminum body posts for the slash 4x4 they would last a LOT longer than the stock ones
    MMM E-Revo
    VXL Slash 4x4
    VXL Slash 2wd

RC Qualifier
    I guess you drive better then I do and you donm't flip your truck on hard asphalt as much, I don't know what to say, but there are a lot of people that will tell you that aluminum doesn't belong on body post for the reason that they bend and get scraped up and look like crap.

RC Qualifier
    i know that aluminum posts may be bad on most trucks as i tried them on my supermaxx. didn't like them and went back to plastic.

however, the posts on the 4x4 are very short and I feel like they won't bend because they are so short. i'm not too worried about them looking bad when they're all scraped up because i'd rather have an aluminum set that work and are scuffed up, than a plastic set that are so torn up that the pin won't go through and they're useless.
    Thunder SM, Predator SM, Slash 4x4, ERBE