RC Racer

MMpro + velion motor install help.

Hello please can anybody let me know how to install the MMpro ESC to the stock engine? What cables go where? A, B, C cables on the ESC are what color in you motor?? THANX!
    Slash 4x4-Cyclone S-Pro3-Tten-x2

RC Enthusiast
    Just do trial and error. If it goes backwards with forward throttle, swap two of the wires. I've done this with my Sidewinder ESC and VXL motor - plus other brushless motors/esc for my planes with non-matching wire colors.

RC Qualifier
    redheckle is correct but for reference mine are connected like this:

MMP_A <-> VXL_C
    MMP_B <-> VXL_A
    MMP_C <-> VXL_B
    slash 4x4

RC Racer
    Probably the safest best is to match them up by letter (A, B and C). With a sensorless motor, there are a couple combinations that will work, but matching up the phases correctly by looking at the labels on the motor and ESC is guaranteed to work.

Basically any combination will work that causes the A B and C phases of the motor to fire in that order as the ESC cycles through A B and C on its end (e.g., A -> C, B -> A, C -> B would work)

RC Racer
    FYI - if you ever run into a situation where a sensorless brushless setup running in the wrong direction, and you properly matched up the phases between the ESC and motor, then simply swap the A and C wires to make it run in the correct direction.

I'm pretty sure that sensored motors MUST be exactly matched up between the ESC and motor, and the only way to reverse these motors is through ESC settings.

RC Racer
    Thanx perfect. one more question, are the connectors on the esc same as the mmpro or do i have to solder new conectors?

RC Competitor
    you will have to solder or buy adapters

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by slash4x4mike
    Thanx perfect. one more question, are the connectors on the esc same as the mmpro or do i have to solder new conectors?
    the vxl motor has 3.5mm connectors and the mmp has 4mm. have to do some soldering..
    slash 4x4

RC Champion
    Great Planes sell 4mm / 3.5mm bullet converters that work well if its a temporary thing, try Tower

Cheers
    Slash Platinum
    SCT MMP / 2400kv

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by crusey_aus
    Great Planes sell 4mm / 3.5mm bullet converters that work well if its a temporary thing, try Tower

Cheers

That's what I used and they work great - I run both 3s and 2s without any issues. They may disconnect on a hard crash, so I've plan on either soldering new connectors or putting a cable-wrap on the wires.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by crusey_aus

Cheers

this ones?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Great-Planes-3-5...-/390197268804

Or this ones?

http://www.myatomic.com/catalog/viewsku?sku=GPMM3121