Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Hughes500Bob
    Now you need to purchase a new Traxxas Titan 36" boat when they are available!!

Bob
    We won't see them until mid next year down here. I can easily modify the trailer to take 1 though if Traxxas will give me 1 lol. All i have to do is cut the rear out of the polyblock & adjust the width to suit the "V"hull.

RC Racer
    I fitted a set of the roof lights to the Summit today. I will have to wait until it gets dark to see what sort of a difference they make. I also did a dry run with the boat, with a little help.

Lookin good.The lights do make a difference,You can read your map by them .I added a couple of lights pointing down at the path of the tires under the body as well,helps see what the hang up is before you hit it.Haven't had much time to " work" on my hitch.Work work work.Maybe get the tekin rx8 not sure yet
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Racer
    Outstanding!
    Summit MMM
    http://www.facebook.com/jguynes

RC Competitor
    Dang You! bug777, since i first saw your trailer pics I have gone out and got a boat. will probably have trailer made before I get the parts needed to run boat! since its a bare hull. Wish I'd never looked at your pics. that is so cool I had to do it! Just wish LHS wasnt 50 miles away, may go today and get the parts for it, if they carry that stuff that is. dont look for pictures soon or at all if I completely mess it up! LOL I made a trailer for my Blade 400 but after seeing your trailer I am embarassed to even look at it, let alone post a pic of it on here. looks like a 5 year old made it. Just a piece of wood with some type of big inflateable aircraft tires on it, held together with allthread and used a 2piece take apart keychain for trailer hitch. probably sell blade to buy boat parts now! more of a plane person anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Toddbuh
    Dang You! bug777, since i first saw your trailer pics I have gone out and got a boat. will probably have trailer made before I get the parts needed to run boat! since its a bare hull. Wish I'd never looked at your pics. that is so cool I had to do it! Just wish LHS wasnt 50 miles away, may go today and get the parts for it, if they carry that stuff that is. dont look for pictures soon or at all if I completely mess it up! LOL I made a trailer for my Blade 400 but after seeing your trailer I am embarassed to even look at it, let alone post a pic of it on here. looks like a 5 year old made it. Just a piece of wood with some type of big inflateable aircraft tires on it, held together with allthread and used a 2piece take apart keychain for trailer hitch. probably sell blade to buy boat parts now! more of a plane person anyway
    My trailer is pretty ugly too, but it gets the job done sorta
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Racer
    I am glad i am of some inspiration to you. I am sure it will come togther just nice. If i can help out in anyway please pm me & i will see what i can do.

RC Competitor
    Maybe I should plan ahead and just make a semi-truck trailer that can hold the BBQ and the cooler,my tent and camping gear,radio,boat,kitchen sink. in winter I could simulate the Ice truckers hwy. and pull it across the frozen ponds. Whadd'ya think getting carried away yet?
    http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/p...h/DSCF6135.jpg

Keep all images to a width of 640 pixels or less.
    -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 06-20-2010 at 05:45 PM.

RC Competitor
    I know its a bad photoshop but I just couldnt stop myself! I think Im gonna need a bigger motor. anyone make a diesel rc motor?

Maybe I should plan ahead and just make a semi-truck trailer that can hold the BBQ and the cooler,my tent and camping gear,radio,boat,kitchen sink. in winter I could simulate the Ice truckers hwy. and pull it across the frozen ponds. Whadd'ya think getting carried away yet?
    http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/p...h/DSCF6135.jpg
    No, not carried away at all."If you build it i will smile"There's no rules and no limits No diesel that i know of.But there is a 1/4 scale working v8.I can imagine the $$$$ it costs
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 06-20-2010 at 05:46 PM.
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Racer
    I know its a bad photoshop but I just couldnt stop myself! I think Im gonna need a bigger motor. anyone make a diesel rc motor?
    I think the Dewalts should have enough. Anything is possible. Just add more axles. I have seen the Summits pulling 2 small kids in wagons before so your BBQ & cooler maybe closer than you think.

RC Racer
    live on a island big one off the west coast of Canada
    no way! I live on an island off the wast coast of canada too.

Quote Originally Posted by j-rock
    no way! I live on an island off the wast coast of canada too.
    I'm in victoria That makes 2 of us from the rock Just need someone from port hardy we'll have the island covered .Sorry for the thread jack bug
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Champion
    I'm sorry but I must say it

IT'S THE STIG!!!!!!!
    My car learned how to fly then forgot the landing

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Bug777
    Here are some pics of it with the boat on the back & how the boat will be retained. I have now got to shape the poly block a bit to get a neater fit.

Frontline Hobbies?

RC Racer
    Nah. Casies Toyworld in Erina. Steve from Frontline works down there & helped me out with dimensions.

RC Champion
    Ah, didn't think it looked like Frontline, might send a mate from Erina there to buy himself a toy

Nice looking rig, doubt those HPI's will get stuck in a hurry!

RC Racer
    I took it for a trial run down the ramp over the weekend. I am glad i didn't go with the 1/10th onroad wheels. I also took it for a run with the kongs on. Those roof lights are great.

Sweet,Looks awsome.I got to get to work on mine
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Racer
    I just ordered the boat & 2 sets of these for the Summit.
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXNHW5&P=7

They are the same rims as the trailer so it should look ok. I won't get the rims until the end of August. I will post pics once i have them.

RC Racer
    I took the boat & trailer for run yesterday & today. It gets a few looks when it's out. The trailer works just how i hoped it would. I can travel in 2nd gear with no issues. I also launched & retireved the boat with minimal fuss. The remote for the boat sits nicely inside the tunnel on the trailer. I will try & get some video next weekend.

I took the boat & trailer for run yesterday & today. It gets a few looks when it's out. The trailer works just how i hoped it would. I can travel in 2nd gear with no issues. I also launched & retireved the boat with minimal fuss. The remote for the boat sits nicely inside the tunnel on the trailer. I will try & get some video next weekend.
    cool lookin forward to seeing it
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Racer
    Here is 1 video i did of the boat getting on & off the trailer.

RC Champion
    nice video looks cool
    if your not breaking anything get more air

RC Racer
    Thanks. It has worked out just how i wanted it to.

RC Racer
    Here is another video which shows the Summit getting into 2nd gear whilst towing.

RC Racer
    I picked up a set of Goliath tyres with blast rims today. Here are some pics. I am happy with how the package looks so far. I just need to paint a Summit body in the same colours as the boat.

RC Qualifier
    hot diggity dog!

those tyre/rim combination u have on the summit is **** fine!

the trailer/boat setup is nice too
    erevo, ubuntu.com

RC Racer
    The project is complete. I painted a body the same as the boat. Here are some pics.

RC Champion
    that is sweet, great job!!!
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?536733

RC Champion
    Very Nice Bug, Love the Matching Paint Scheme.

RC Racer
    I'd love to build something like that for my 1/16th Summit.
    3 Summits
    1 3905 Newer E-Maxx

RC Racer
    Thanks for the kind words. Although it has taken sometime to complete, I am happy with it. I tried to put some Traxxas 5353 wheel nuts on th trailer but they are a different thread.

Thanks for the kind words. Although it has taken sometime to complete, I am happy with it. I tried to put some Traxxas 5353 wheel nuts on th trailer but they are a different thread.
    It was worth the wait looks fantastic.It'll be a shame to scatch it up
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Competitor
    Hi, I am in the middle of designing a trailer for my Summit to tow a T-maxx or what ever. I plan to use singole axle is that a yes or no, and did you beef up the rear suspension? Yours is nice.

RC Enthusiast
    im going to have to make me a trailer now

RC Enthusiast
    Inspired by this thread I built this one:

Axle construction:

Light wires and ramps hidden :

RC poster
    nice trailer.i love the pictures. great job!

RC Racer
    German,

That is a nice trailer mate. I am glad that i inspired someone. My trailer is going strong still. It's a pitty the boat is not. I am going to car my 6x6 rock crawler on it when i finish it.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

I didn't work on it for some months but this and the other trailer thread gave me new inspiration and new ideas.
    Changes on my trailer will follow and I'm going to open my own thread. Don't want to "offtopic" yours!!
    What happened to your boat?
    I expect the pics of your new project impatiently...come on, inspire me!!