Thread: Venom products?

RC Enthusiast

Venom products?

was looking at some shocks for my slash 4x4. does anyone have any feedback on the Venom products. I also need a brushed mother for another car. is the venom brushed moter better than the titan?

thanks!
    Bandit xl-5
    Slash 4x4 VXL

RC Racer
    I have never had Venom shocks or Motors, but I have the Venom Pro charger and a brand new Venom 2S 5000mah 40C lipo that I raced with last weekend and they are both GREAT!
    VXL Amsoil 2WD Slash/ PE 4x4 Slash/ BL recoil

RC Racer
    I have the charger... very nice
    Caution, this message contains words.

RC Racer
    I have had good luck with venom batteries but, have not tried their other products.
    I imagine that many others feel diffrently.
    Slash 4x4
    MMM 2650
    Rustler VXL
    Emaxx

RC Enthusiast
    I hear their charger is OK and their Lipos but thats it. I made the mistake of buying a set of their shocks when I was new to all this and before I was on this forum. What a mistake. I wish someone would have told me how bad they were. They sure look good though. They are now taking up space in a spare parts drawer. They leaked so bad you couldn't even use them from day one. Just buy the Traxxas Big Bore shocks or if you want to spend a little more the Pro-line's maybe.

RC Racer
    Yeah, I have the proline shocks and they are great!! so easy to fill, never leak, all aluminum with ti-ni shaft, true two spring progressive springs, and threaded bodies. They are head and shoulders above the big bores ( which leaked a lot, and were a major change to fill with new oil).
    Prolines are the way to go, but you are going to spend about $85-90 shipped for them. That is what you I got mine for.
    VXL Amsoil 2WD Slash/ PE 4x4 Slash/ BL recoil