RC Champion

Anyone using a Spektrum radio on thier PE ??

Looking at one of these for the PE , wondering about the range??, they advertise 100-200ft??, seems short compared to traxxas..

any experiances
    MMM/2650, E-maxx Body=FUN !
    3 Slash 4x4
    Pede 4x4

RC Racer
    200 feet is pretty far away. Much farther and you have next to no depth perception with your truck.(it gets very tiny in a hurry)
    I run a DX3R but I mostly race on a track. I have practiced to a range of around 250 ft in a parking lot without any problems.

RC Champion
    I like having a airtronics and be able to go over 1200ft. i cant even see the truck so whats the point. 200ft is still pretty far. you might want farther if you are doing speed runs. but i dont think ive ever gone that far normally. just when i was testing the radio.

RC Qualifier
    I'm using a KO Propo ex-1 UR.
    Turbo in the front, groceries in the back.

RC Qualifier
    My dx3s is working great on my PE. Never lost signal even on the large 1/8th track in the area.

Note: To get the telemetry to work I did the antenna mod so the antenna exits the top of the receiver box. Tel. range was short otherwise.
    Been there, broken that.

RC Champion
    I have never had problems with Traxxas radios, and the Link system has incredible range. I lost sight of it down the road and I was still controling it! (I know because I flipped it over )
    PLEASE do not PM me and immediately go offline :p

RC Qualifier
    my dx3r will go farther than i can see they are great

RC Enthusiast
    i have used a spectrum radio for years, never had a range problem. I would use the new traxxas radio but it is harder to access the settings.

RC Racer
    I have the dx3s w/ telemetry, the only range problem I have is with the telemetry going away at about 100 feet away, other than that I can drive it till I can't see it.
    Race Hard! Ask Questions Later!!

RC Champion
    +1

I use a DX3s with SR3300t reciever and have no range issues

The Telemetry signal will drop out after 50 metres or so but the radio signal itself works as far as I can see the car

Cheers
    Slash Platinum
    SCT MMP / 2400kv

I use the DX3S and only have issues when I use the telemetry receiver. Between my son and I we have three of them in the house and every one of them has gien us issues with range and or black hole like reception in certain areas. The last one I was using in my MERV had a spot in front of my house where it would lose reception for about a 20' area but when the car would coast out of that area even further from me it would regain reception and work fine again. I finally gave up on the telemetry receivers and am suing only SR300 receivers now and have NO range or glitching issues at all. I can drive my trucks further than I can see them with no issues now. If you do some searchign around the web you will see the telemetry receiver is some what prone to issues.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power