Thread: fan questions??

RC Enthusiast

fan questions??

Ok I purchased a couple fans for the stock motor and for the vxl esc. is there a good way to put a switch on the car so I can turn them on only when I think I'm going to need them? If so how would you wire them up? any help would be greatly appreciated. The fan I got for the esc. is from traxxas and the motor one is an Integy heat sink/cooling fan. Thanks

RC Enthusiast
    ok thanks guys

RC Champion
    just cut the red wire and solder in a switch. try getting a splitter to run off the esc and then put the switch on that. then both will turn on or off at the same time. however i see no need for a switch. fans are good to have on all of the time. the cooler everything runs the longer it lasts.

RC Champion
    I would plug it into my receiver battery port or get a relay to run turn it on/off from the transmitter, if you have enough channels. Just my opinion.....

RC Racer
    Another poster helped me out and here's the adapter he used and I just ordered. It connect sot the transmitter and you can attach the motor fan to it.

" E-Flite 3" Extension, Ultra Lightweight"
    https://www.rcplanet.com/ProductDeta...Code=EFLREX3UL

RC Racer
    fans wont plug into the battery port in the reciver box unless you cut the end off and put an end on like what is comming off the ESC type of plug.
    Im also trying to run 2 fans without burning something up.
    4x4 Slash, Jan 2010
    2x4 Slash, X2 May 2010

RC Racer
    Here's the pic of the extension piece I was talking about that you can plug into your transmitter. Credit goes to another poster (forgot who it was).

RC Racer
    Get a 4" extension the 3" one was to short. I tried putting it in last night and it was to short.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ksoul
    Here's the pic of the extension piece I was talking about that you can plug into your transmitter. Credit goes to another poster (forgot who it was).
    Nice.. thank you.
    I was looking at these at the hobby shop but was unsure about them.
    Now I know.
    Thanks a ton for the screenshot.
    Helped a ton.
    4x4 Slash, Jan 2010
    2x4 Slash, X2 May 2010