Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    6Hp shop vac :P

RC Champion
    What do you have that's airtight to put it all in?
    www.thunder-roadhobbies.com
    Moline, IL

RC Qualifier
    I have the materials to build the box it needs and weatherstripping for the seal

RC Champion
    Well the airtight box and vacuum is the most important part. You'll never get the details in the body without it! Good luck
    Moline, IL

RC Qualifier
    check out this site i just found,http://www.heatlampworld.com/ . If you cant order from there i would suggest maybe looking into restraunt supplies and look for heatlamps.

PS Princess Auto is the best place every by the way lol, recently got stuff to mount a camera on my Mini Slash and also L.E.D. Lights for it too
    99%er

RC Racer
    This is an awesome project. Sorry if this is already covered, but how will we mount the rear part of the body? Longer mounts? Definitely want one too!

RC Champion
    I think longer posts are going to be needed for the back.
    Longer mounts are a simple though. Just unscrew the old ones and screw in taller ones.
    Wide Rustler | "Bulldog" Backslash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    yes you will need longer mounts for sure.. but you can pick some up at a hobby store for 3 bucks a pack so i wasnt worried about the extra costs involved to mount it ;P

RC Qualifier
    Good news
    I found a 240v plug in my garage that I didn't know existed untill now (just bought the house last summer).
    Why is that good news? Well it means I'm not limited to using 120v equipment as a heating element!! This means I can pull apart a old stove and use the heating elements

This makes things simple and cheap as in he local classifieds there are usually always free stoves for pickup!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Telnets
    Good news
    I found a 240v plug in my garage that I didn't know existed untill now (just bought the house last summer).
    Why is that good news? Well it means I'm not limited to using 120v equipment as a heating element!! This means I can pull apart a old stove and use the heating elements

This makes things simple and cheap as in he local classifieds there are usually always free stoves for pickup!
    thats great! i wish i had one, then i have good reason to pick up a decent welder!
    Lead, follow, or get out of my way!

RC Qualifier
    great news man.
    Owner of: 1/10 Slash 4x4 Platinum Edition

RC Qualifier
    Hey telnets, I got some info for you. A few days ago I picked up the game Dirt 2 for my ps3. Right now I actually unlocked the Robby Gordon H3, exactly what your inspiration is. Thinking about this I realized it's also for PC. And that means your able to search thru the game files and find the 3D model exact specs of the truck. Also a large variety of Short Course,Rally and many other offroad style 3D models. Of course tweak them slightly for copyright laws lol. Hope this helps you. And Check your newspaper, I think on Sunday, across Canada it's Free Day. People leave out there unwanted, still useable appliances and what not including stoves and probably enough stuff for a full large table
    99%er

RC Champion
    Norcal needs a free day............................................... ..........................

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by vxlkid
    Norcal needs a free day............................................... ..........................
    so does socal... might as well do the whole thing right?

RC Champion
    OK haha socal can have it too

RC Qualifier
    check your newspaper, all of north america is trying to do this. too bad you'd never see a few chassis people would leave out
    99%er

RC Qualifier
    Hanks for the suggestions. We don't have any sort of free day but I just took a look in kijiji and someone had one to give away so I picked it up. Now I am just trying to get enough time to work on the project. Between work and all the stuff I'm trying to get done at home it's hard to find the day or two to do his especially with no buddies around to make it go quicker

But when I do get the time it should go smoothly. I think I have everything I need. Heating elements. Peg board. Construction boards for the base. Weather tripping for the seal powerful vacuum. It's just a matter of putting it all together. Maybe I should take some vacation days and work on it.

Hanks for the suggestions. We don't have any sort of free day but I just took a look in kijiji and someone had one to give away so I picked it up. Now I am just trying to get enough time to work on the project. Between work and all the stuff I'm trying to get done at home it's hard to find the day or two to do his especially with no buddies around to make it go quicker

But when I do get the time it should go smoothly. I think I have everything I need. Heating elements. Peg board. Construction boards for the base. Weather tripping for the seal powerful vacuum. It's just a matter of putting it all together. Maybe I should take some vacation days and work on it.
    Finally talking some sense here...
    Some like R/C's that are fast, others like nitro

RC Racer
    Maybe I should take some vacation days and work on it.
    great idea tel you need to relax and work on something you wanna do for yourself
    HOOAH!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by streetdemon
    Finally talking some sense here...
    +1, lol
    SLASH IS FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!

RC Qualifier
    I'd love to see you make a 1/16 Hummer body for the merv/mini slash owners
    99%er

RC Racer
    i have been following this thread since you have started it and all i have to say is WOW. i have also seen a hummer prototype that proline is in the makings of on there website.i ran across this thread on another website and thought it might be helpful to you.best of luck to you. http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=174580
    v-dubs 4 life
    BUILT FORD TOUGH

RC Qualifier
    no links to the hummer prototype though ?? :P

RC Racer
    i found it http://www.prolineracing.com/blog/20...sic/#more-2582. its black and the picture should say product display.
    v-dubs 4 life
    BUILT FORD TOUGH

RC Racer
    thats a short course hummer hes trying to make a rally body its what i think would look good
    HOOAH!!

RC Qualifier
    yeah rally is better
    Owner of: 1/10 Slash 4x4 Platinum Edition

That proline body linked looks nothing like a hummer.
    Some like R/C's that are fast, others like nitro

I am still waiting for you to come out with your fantastic body. With all of us who want one you will get a nice return on your investment.

RC Qualifier
    I know, had a flood this weekend in the basement... it seems any time i get some free time, something comes up keeping me from working on this.. its painful!! i have this awesome hummer prototype sitting here in my house, and just want to get this project goin!!

RC Champion
    I know, had a flood this weekend in the basement... it seems any time i get some free time, something comes up keeping me from working on this.. its painful!! i have this awesome hummer prototype sitting here in my house, and just want to get this project goin!!
    sorry to hear about your basement send it over to me, il finish it for yah

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by SLASHPEDE
    sorry to hear about your basement send it over to me, il finish it for yah
    lol. I also noticed lol looks like a drowning person
    SLASH IS FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!

RC Enthusiast
    I think the first one created should be painted and named "Persaverance" (sp). Eventually, everything will fall into place and you will be able to start shipping Hummer bodies to all those who want one. Don't lose faith in the fact that you WILL get this completed.
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, E-Slayer Pro 4x4

RC Qualifier
    Rancho Tehama or Red Bluff area or California
    Talnets we are all thinking positive tohoughts your way or at least I am. We all know you will eventually finnish the hummer body. No doubt about it. Just a little patientes.
    Broken parts=New better parts

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by nunster
    Talnets we are all thinking positive tohoughts your way or at least I am. We all know you will eventually finnish the hummer body. No doubt about it. Just a little patientes.
    you not the only one! stoked for the finaly product, nomadder how long i gotta wait!

RC Qualifier
    Thanks guys. I have this weekend set aside for the project again so of anything just keep your fingers crossed nothing comes up to stop me from workin on it

RC Champion
    sweet i might get one for my next body
    Yes, I drive an electric converted Nitro Hawk.

RC Racer
    look what i just found on prolines website. http://prolineracing.com/bodies/dese...ia-clear-body/
    v-dubs 4 life
    BUILT FORD TOUGH

RC Qualifier
    yeah, its not really a hummer.. i mean it is, but not even close to what style im going for.. plus there were a few posts back about it as well at a product show..

its cool lookin though

RC Champion
    That's no hummer body. It's sort of got the square nose and grill of a hummer but it's far from a hummer.
    Moline, IL

RC Qualifier
    I dont mind the majority of the truck, BUT I am really not a fan of the lights on the roof of that thing. Either way I would much rather own Telnets hummer body!
    -Bob-