RC Racer

11.1 3s opinion basher looking for longest lasting lipo

as you may have read... I probably killed my first lipo in "learning experience" getting back into the hobby. If you read my newb post you know I'm in a chair..... dropping in a MMM with 9L at 17/54 on a hopup overhaul this week. I know as far as brands go a major debate will ensue, so not asking what brand is best. My question what is longest lasting 3s I can get my hands on (with traxxas plug) that this esc/motor combo will be friends with. I do not race... bashing in yard/park and moto x park (owner lets me play on 80-125cc track). Reasonably priced under $150 realistically.
    Caution, this message contains words.

RC Qualifier
    you can get any mah battery you want and it will work with that combo. Basically it is up to you on price range. SPC has an 8000mah 2s and 3s lipo (both with Traxxas connectors). The 3s is about $110 I believe and the 2s is about $70. These will give you a good 40 minutes of runtime... and I've heard of people getting over an hour before. The SPC's are what I would go with if I just wanted a long running battery with good service and quality for a pretty reasonable price. Although Venom redid some of their batteries and they are looking pretty nice if you go to their website. They look reasonably priced too.

Just to mention... Maxamps does have 13,500mah pack... but its $280... hahahahahaha. It would probably last about 2 hours though on easy bashing.

RC Racer
    wow... 13500 that must weigh a ton... (just as a side note I did try 2 NiMH in parallel... technically it works but was like a cinder block lol) leaning toward SPC so far
    Caution, this message contains words.

RC Enthusiast
    here are some,expensive but great batteries http://myatomic.com/catalog/search?q...p.x=11&op.y=11

RC Champion
    there is a fair amount of people who like the spc/smc lipo's. and a lot of people swear by the ********* specials, as said above, it depends on how many you want and how much you want to spend.
    rustler vxl 2.4

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Grand National's Avatar
    Well this is a no brainer if you want one of the highest quality, best supported, longest lasting LiPo, that answer is SPC or SMC. SMC tends to be a bit more expensive over SPC but they are still worth the money, and again, you get great service with them. SPC has quality packs at a very low price. They use only quality cells, they are a USA based company, have EXCELLENT customer service (that's no lie), of course the price, no soldering needed for a TRX or Deans connector (you have the option), charged before shipping so it's plug and play, fast shipping, low cost shipping, helping a great company get larger, high mAh ratings, fit into a Slash 4x4, did I mention great customer service? . I could just go on and on. When I first got into the hobby, I was undecided about batteries, but once I tried SPC I knew I never wanted another brand unless I needed a pack SPC did not have or I was looking for an extremely low priced battery. It's totally worth it for the what, $20 extra over the HK LiPo's, and about half the cost of Maxamps.
    Here is the link for a 3s LiPo that has all those features plus a LONG run time.
    http://spcracing.com/index.php?productID=71

NO, I do not work for SPC, I am just a firm believer in good quality USA based products, and I have found it with SPC.
    Casper - 2001 Dodge Cummins (my baby)