RC Champion

Awakening a sleeping beast!

My SC Slash 4x4(NON-MT) has been shelved since i bought my ERevo roller. Today I stopped at my LHS to discover they are forking out about $12,000 on a new track just for Open Class SC racing. Since my ERevo was down i swiped the MMM setup and put it back in my Slash 4x4. I have got to race this thing. Ive tuned it on 4cell ******* with 15/54 gearing and Proline 17mm adapters with Proline 1/8 scale buggy wheels. Also im running the Losi 8ight 2.0s and RPM bumpers, and arms. I forgot how much fun this truck really was. Plus it is SUPER FAST!!! Here are a couple shots of it.

Drive it like you stole it or leave it shelved

RC Qualifier
    Behind the curve, I don't know a single track in California that will allow 1/8 scale wheels let alone 3s+ in open class sc.
    4x4 PE & Beyond...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance
    Behind the curve, I don't know a single track in California that will allow 1/8 scale wheels let alone 3s+ in open class sc.
    capitol r/c allow 3s

RC Champion
    im in KY and my LHS owner said in was no rules racing. No lipo limit, no motor limit, but it MUST be a SC truck chassis. Its strictly for my LHS. no other tracks are involved

RC Champion
    Looks great!! You're lucky you have an LHS that would give that much money for the track.
    PLEASE do not PM me and immediately go offline :p

RC Enthusiast
    sounds fun,but also sounds expensive.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdummy
    sounds fun,but also sounds expensive.
    not too bad if you dont buy a RTR truck. ive built my last few r/cs from scratch/ rolling chassis. alot cheaper this way

RC Qualifier
    Pedecrawler, great truck. Mine's very similar. I'm also MMM2650, 4s lipos, RPM'd out, Proline 17mm adapters and now running Buggy wheels/tires. I'm using the AKA City Blocks. One thing that I hate is the stupid disc styled wheels (not bagging on you, I've got them too for now So I just ordered up some Proline 1/8th scale buggy Split-Sixes. Hopefully I'll be getting them this week. I ordered a set in black and a set in white that I'm going to Dye blue. That'll keep it in the spirit of a true SC I feel. Cool to see that you get to run your Mamba powered 4x4 buggy tired monster in a an open class. I think more tracks should have run what ya brung classes. A run what ya brung SC class just makes so much sense since you can do so much to them. I understand some tracks are hesitant to add a 3rd or even in some cases 4th class to the already full 4wd SC classes, but I think a 4wd stock, 4wd mod (limited to 10th scale motor and esc's) and an all out, no holds barred as many cell lipo as big of motor as you can fit under a stock dimension body, run what ever wheels/tires as long as it fits under the body type of class would be awesome and very doable. Basically the only two requirements for an all out truly "Open" class would be that it has to fit within the stock dimensions of the stock truck ie. wheelbase and width etc. oh and no devices that would hinder others ability to drive ie. smoke screens, oil slicks etc :P lol
    Slash 4x4 PE - MMM 2650, Losi 8ight 2.0 Shocks

RC Qualifier
    ^ Where are you running they have a stock 4wd class?
    4x4 PE & Beyond...