Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Spur Gear

  1. #1
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    130

    Spur Gear

    Who makes a good steel spur gear for the slash 4x4?
    2/Slash 4x4s
    4 Tech 3.3
    Jato 3.3
    Savage SS .26

  2. #2
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    2,269
    I am interested in the answer, though all I have seen is aluminum ones for the 2wd.
    PLEASE do not PM me and immediately go offline :p

  3. #3
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Custer, KY
    Posts
    1,480
    Hot Racing. Here i have 2 of em
    Drive it like you stole it or leave it shelved

  4. #4
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    2,269
    Quote Originally Posted by pedecrawler
    Hot Racing. Here i have 2 of em
    Awesome! Thanks.
    In your opinion is it worth the price?
    PLEASE do not PM me and immediately go offline :p

  5. #5
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Custer, KY
    Posts
    1,480
    i have ran one on my MMM slash for quite some time. you may find it on ebay from the same seller for cheaper. ive bought hundreds of $ worth from toadz toys. they ship fast
    Drive it like you stole it or leave it shelved

  6. #6
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Grand National's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southern Maryland
    Posts
    3,037
    Just to throw it out there, I will never run a steel spur again. It takes your weak point out of the driveline making your trans, driveshafts, diffs, etc. in the red zone. I'd rather have a $3 spur strip then a tranny gear that can be a pain to replace.
    Casper - 2001 Dodge Cummins (my baby)

  7. #7
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Custer, KY
    Posts
    1,480
    i havent had any trouble with mine other than when i tried a Castle Aluminum pinion by accident. Aluminum and steel do not mix!!!
    Drive it like you stole it or leave it shelved

  8. #8
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Grand National's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southern Maryland
    Posts
    3,037
    Quote Originally Posted by pedecrawler
    i havent had any trouble with mine other than when i tried a Castle Aluminum pinion by accident. Aluminum and steel do not mix!!!
    A lot of people don't, I just don't want to take the risk IMO. You got it, they DON'T .
    Casper - 2001 Dodge Cummins (my baby)

  9. #9
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Custer, KY
    Posts
    1,480
    well not everyone i as smart as I am... plus i got my bros on the form in case i get stumped
    Drive it like you stole it or leave it shelved

  10. #10
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    130
    Thanks for the link.
    2/Slash 4x4s
    4 Tech 3.3
    Jato 3.3
    Savage SS .26

  11. #11
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Custer, KY
    Posts
    1,480
    Quote Originally Posted by JatoRevo3.3s
    Thanks for the link.
    YW... I highly recommend to triple check the gear mesh with this. Steel on steel doesnt have much room for error. Im not degrading your abilities, just trying to keep you from wasting $
    Drive it like you stole it or leave it shelved

  12. #12
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    355
    I talked to Robinson last week and I asked if they had any and they said no, but asked for some stock part numbers so they can start BTW, If you're running MMM, I highly recommend getting some Robinson Steel Pinions, the castle aluminum pinions are a joke. Way too soft and once they have even a blemish, they'll eat spur gears like M & M's. Gear mesh on these is VERY important. Because with that much power, if it's not right, you can strip a spur in literally seconds.
    Slash 4x4 PE - MMM 2650, Losi 8ight 2.0 Shocks

  13. #13
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    355
    Quote Originally Posted by pedecrawler
    Hot Racing. Here i have 2 of em
    Just looked at that link, unfortunately that's only good if you're running the Slipper clutch right? I'm running the Center Diff and I don't think it'll work.
    Slash 4x4 PE - MMM 2650, Losi 8ight 2.0 Shocks

  14. #14
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SE Wisconsin
    Posts
    123
    Hot Racing also makes them one for the center diff. I am running this one. It is a little pricey on this site, I can got mine on ebay for $15.

    http://www.liquidrc.com/index.php?ma...ducts_id=63105

  15. #15
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Custer, KY
    Posts
    1,480
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
    I talked to Robinson last week and I asked if they had any and they said no, but asked for some stock part numbers so they can start BTW, If you're running MMM, I highly recommend getting some Robinson Steel Pinions, the castle aluminum pinions are a joke. Way too soft and once they have even a blemish, they'll eat spur gears like M & M's. Gear mesh on these is VERY important. Because with that much power, if it's not right, you can strip a spur in literally seconds.
    i run Losi pinions. ive had bad luck with RR
    Drive it like you stole it or leave it shelved

  16. #16
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    653
    integy makes them. look under jato spurs on rcsuperstore
    Paul
    Slash 4x4

  17. #17
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    268
    Tower added some stuff for the 4x4.

    This option looks good, but is kinda pricey.

    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXZLP4&P=OW
    Slash 4x4
    Slayer

  18. #18
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Halifax County, Nova Scotia. Ca
    Posts
    1,131
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson08
    Tower added some stuff for the 4x4.

    This option looks good, but is kinda pricey.

    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXZLP4&P=OW
    Am I seeing this right ? Is there a brass bushing to replace the cheap plastic one that keeps melt on the stock setup ?

    If so,, how can a fella get the brass bushing and not have to buy the metal spur ?
    Always in Trouble for trying to help out.

  19. #19
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    899
    Quote Originally Posted by madkawi650
    Am I seeing this right ? Is there a brass bushing to replace the cheap plastic one that keeps melt on the stock setup ?

    If so,, how can a fella get the brass bushing and not have to buy the metal spur ?
    kingheadz makes 'em.
    linky
    Yup, that's right... i'm a ***** fanboy.

  20. #20
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Halifax County, Nova Scotia. Ca
    Posts
    1,131
    Cool, thanks,,

    However it also apears as if Robinson makes em too.
    Always in Trouble for trying to help out.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •