RC poster

What did i do to my truck? It wont move now

I took my daughter and truck out today just to kill a little time. I made a few jumps down a monster hill, landed fine, drove around fine on the bottom of the hill, then i tried to climb back up the hill through 2 foot tall weeds. The truck was instantly stuck. We walk down and get the truck and bring it up. Sit it down, and now it wont move.

The motor is spinning great, and wheels spin when holding the truck in the air, but once on the ground, it has no torque to move

Im still new to the slash 4x4, but willing to try things. I pulled the motor and the spur gear and pinion is fine and spinning great. Did i screw something up in the rear end. Any ideas of what to look for. Thanks for the help

With this being the 4x4, i would think that the front wheels would still pull the truck around, so im thinking that maybe i messed up the slipper clutch

troy

RC Qualifier
    check the slipper, sounds like that is were the issue is,

yes even if the rear ens is messed up the front will still pull take the slipper assembly off and see if it is slipping(try it by hand) if so by the E-Revo slipper
    Last edited by SirJaymz; 05-04-2010 at 10:59 PM.

RC Qualifier
    If you haven't read the section in your manual concerning the slipper, cover that before you do too much other troubleshooting. Your slipper is just as likely not damaged, it could easily just need to be set correctly.

RC Champion
    my vote is that the slipper nut came loose.. happend to me a couple times.. I not have a bit of blue loctite on it and its been fine.
    Always in Trouble for trying to help out.

RC poster
    Make sure your battery is charged. I had the same problem, all it was is that I put a drained battery in it that I thought was charged. Yes, I'm new and an idiot. Having fun though.

RC Racer
    whats the difference between the 4x4 slipper and the e revo slipper ? i hear alot of people on here say to get the e revo slipper, but when i look at the two they look the same.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by captain kirk
    whats the difference between the 4x4 slipper and the e revo slipper ? i hear alot of people on here say to get the e revo slipper, but when i look at the two they look the same.
    the revo slipper is much bigger. It still fits in the 4x4 with no mods but is basically just a beefed up slipper. It looks similar in pictures but it is bigger. I did it to my 4x4 and it works perfect.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by dkaiser
    the revo slipper is much bigger. It still fits in the 4x4 with no mods but is basically just a beefed up slipper. It looks similar in pictures but it is bigger. I did it to my 4x4 and it works perfect.
    Is there an advantage to switching to a revo slipper?
    PLEASE do not PM me and immediately go offline :p

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by SirSlash4x4
    Is there an advantage to switching to a revo slipper?
    larger diameter for better setup and longer pad/disk life.. i'd say its worth it
    MMM E-Revo
    VXL Slash 4x4
    VXL Slash 2wd

RC Champion
    Probably not the same thing, but I'm just going to throw it out there. The same thing happened to me tonight after the gym. I was going to drive around the parking lot even though it's kinda dark. Lift the truck up = runs fine. Put the truck down = wouldn't hardly go. I looked at what I could there with the light of my trunk and didn't see anything. On further inspection at home, I took the rear end off, took off the slipper assembly and it was just the grub screw on the drive hub thing on the slipper had came loose. I had put finger nail polish on it the last time I messed with it so tonight I put some super glue on it. I don't want to use blue locktite because I've broken the tip off my hex drivers trying to take grub screws out after having locktite on them.

Did you actually take the rear end off and check that too?
    ****** out Rustler
    Slash 4x4 gettin' close