Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CVD's

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by DABIGSCALEKILLA
    well i been using the new mip cvds there great well the rear ones the fronts i heard there are alot of problem from cracking to braking completly off but so far the rear ones get the job done i would recomend these ....
    you mean like this ? ....

i installed these last weekend, brought it out for a test today, made a few other changes to the truck so i actually took it a bit easy on the test and this is what happens from a tight corner rollover.

i'm unimpressed... extremely.

RC Competitor
    Hi Guys,

Well, I finally got around to installing a set of FLM CVD's today, along with a custom-made set of Killer RC shock limiting straps, on my Platinum 4x4 "Backslash"! I seem to have gotten a perfect set of CVD's like Lucky Bo did, because mine seem to have full range of movement, however, the rears do seem to rub a little at the full up position! I don't know what effect that will have until I get a chance to run it! I am using the ProLine Powerstroke shocks, and with the shock limiter straps there doesn't seem to be anyway that the drive shafts will come out! I am also using Slayden's setup! I will let you know how they do when I get a chance to run it this coming week!

Richard
    Last edited by avconslt; 05-16-2010 at 10:08 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Full range of movement but you have to use limiting straps to keep them from falling out? Huh?
    Turbo in the front, groceries in the back.

RC Competitor
    Turbowop,

I know you are just trying to start an argument, but remember those A Arms are plastic and will bend a little, which seems to be just enough to let the front drive shafts fall out! The limiting straps keep them from going any further down than what you want them too! We have been using them for a long time on the 1/5 Scale Bajas with great success! They also keep you from damaging the shocks from over extending when jumping them!

Richard

RC Qualifier
    I was asking a genuine question. On my truck, my suspension arms are the limit of my suspension droop, not my shocks. When I pull the lower or upper shock screw out of its mounting hole, the shock will actually extend a couple mm's more, so I don't really see how limiting straps would do anything.

!

EDIT: I looked again and now see that my swaybar adjusters rest on the inner camber link mount, effectively working as a limiter. It actually stops the droop right before the stock half-shafts bind on the RPM arm.
    Last edited by turbowop; 05-16-2010 at 10:50 PM.

RC Competitor
    Turbowop,

Sorry for assuming you wanted to argue the point! The way you wrote you question sounded that way!

I do not know how your RPM A Arms mount up compared to the stock A Arms, but from what I have been reading in the forums, I understand that they are heavier duty and the FLM CVD's do not work with them for some reason! My point on the front CVD's is that the main complaint seems to be they keep falling out! By limiting how far down the A Arm can go, will help keep them from falling out! I am not sure how your swaybar adjusters keep your front A Arm from allowing the driveshaft from falling out, but if it works for you then great! There is always more than one way to skin a cat they say!

Richard

RC Qualifier
    I was looking at the rears actually. I thought in the front, the C-hubs limit the droop to keep the u-joints from binding at full droop when turning?

RC Competitor
    I have absolutely no binding on the front CVD's, however, I do have a slight rubbing on the rear CVD's when in the full up position, but I do not think it will affect how it will run, as fast as the shocks seem recover from a jump!

RC Racer
    M6 Driveshafts shipping to dealers today. All pre-orders placed directly with us will ship today also.
    Tekno RC / Impakt RC

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by teknorc
    M6 Driveshafts shipping to dealers today. All pre-orders placed directly with us will ship today also.
    Alright lets hear some reviews people I'm sick of burning through driveshafts.
    In Got We Trust

RC Qualifier
    Mine should show up within the next couple days.

RC Racer
    im a sucker for punishment.instead of running stock shafts,i thought i wld try my f.l.m cvd in my club race.first heat my front shaft popped out.so i put the stock back in for 2nd heat,no problems for 6 min.then in the a main my rear popped out and i was running 2nd..

RC Competitor
    BC Slasher,

Shock limiting straps would eliminate that issue with the FLM's! It did on mine!

Richard

RC Competitor
    Hey Guys,

How do you post photos on these threads?

Richard

RC Racer
    upload a picture to a site like photo bucket or image share or something.
    then take the image link.
    and post it here in this format
    [img]IMAGELINK[/url]

be sure to use the correct picture size else they will be edited by mods
    4X4/sw.kit/rpm fr & rr/m.flaps/motor&esc kw club!

RC Qualifier
    Tekno M6 shafts installed...

Zero binding anywhere in the suspensions range of movement. And no falling out of the drive cup at full droop. Pins are captured by the carrier bearing, so no setscrews to worry about.

Strength is yet to be determined, but they are super beefy.

And plenty of threads for the axle nut to grab onto:

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasons9
    Alright lets hear some reviews people I'm sick of burning through driveshafts.
    The Tekno M6 Drive shafts kits for fr and rr are awesome. It was a very quick and easy installation. Everything fits perfectly. You will not be disappointmed. You'll get many options for how you want to set up your Slash. Good Luck!!!
    FangsCPO
    "How fast was I going Officer?" Wow?

RC Competitor
    For those of you that either have FLM CVD's or want to get them, but are concerned about the driveshafts falling out in a jump, here is a solution that works quite well! I have installed a set of shock limiting straps on my Traxxas Backslash 4x4, which keeps the A Arms from over extending and letting the drive shafts fall out!

Last edited by avconslt; 05-21-2010 at 09:18 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by turbowop
    Tekno M6 shafts installed...

Zero binding anywhere in the suspensions range of movement. And no falling out of the drive cup at full droop. Pins are captured by the carrier bearing, so no setscrews to worry about.

Strength is yet to be determined, but they are super beefy.
    Sounds promising, are you going to test that the BMX track? let us know how it goes!
    slash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    I want to but there have been a lot of actual BMX races lately. In the off season, it's no big deal for me to be out there. When BMX guys are out there practicing and racing during race season, it's a bit frowned upon.

I'll see what I can come up with fairly soon though.

*edit* I may wait until my new Ballistic 4.5t motor and 5.5t stator shows up next week to run the truck. I have a new MMP here to wire up as well. No racing for a couple weeks at the local track so I have some time to fiddle with things.
    Last edited by turbowop; 05-21-2010 at 10:21 PM.

RC Qualifier
    well i just bought the rears!!!!!
    i dont think i'll be needing fronts, as i have not damaged anything in the front of my truck (except a arms)
    Paul
    Slash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, I never had an issue with the stock fronts breaking. That said, it will be nice to not have to worry about the sliders binding up from dirt buildup, which is something I had an issue with up front.