Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by BL-Bob
    Sorry for your loss Sir.

Some people call them "Spinning Toasters Of Death"???

I was hoping Dan's was different..

IMHO Yeah too much battery(weight) and not enough voltage for that type of speed.(amp hog)

IMHO your ready for a Four Pole motor. (I thought you had a 4-pole 2650kv)
    I have a 4 pole 2650kv but it has found a new home in my Revo. I may get a bigger kershaw or a 1/8 buggy motor under 2000kv for the revo and drop the 2650kv MMM back in the slash
    Drive it like you stole it or leave it shelved

I may get a bigger kershaw
    I hope you mean the 44mm
    _
    _
    _ 3 lines are all that's allowed in a sig.

RC Champion
    I got a reply from Dan @ Kershaw Designs. He is sending me a new motor as a replacement. Also he only charged me $7 to get it ready to install which includes around 7" of wire from motor with the Castle Creations 6.5mm male bullets. I hate soldering this big stuff!!

Excellent.
    _
    _

RC Champion
    You seen my latests wanted add asheck? You know where I can find a 2200kv can?

RC Qualifier
    wow, that is good service, I was hoping Dan was going to be a good guy

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by SirJaymz
    wow, that is good service, I was hoping Dan was going to be a good guy
    he emailed me this morning and his exact words were "surely two escs werent bad. Just verify your shipping address and ill get a replacement to you. All I can suggest is to have proper gearing and frequently check your temps."
    Really nice guy. hopefully this one does the trick!!

You seen my latests wanted add asheck? You know where I can find a 2200kv can?
    Sure, just order 1 from CC. No really, I think the motor is to new, and dependable to find a broken one. I could be wrong, but I can't recall ever hearing of a broken one, that wasn't sent in and repaired.
    I would just comb the Bay, I got mine, a Tork version, for 95 shipped. The shaft is a little shorter, but they are the same motor, otherwise.
    I take it you bought a 2200 rebuild kit, hoping to use it with your 2650.
    _
    _

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by asheck
    Sure, just order 1 from CC. No really, I think the motor is to new, and dependable to find a broken one. I could be wrong, but I can't recall ever hearing of a broken one, that wasn't sent in and repaired.
    I would just comb the Bay, I got mine, a Tork version, for 95 shipped. The shaft is a little shorter, but they are the same motor, otherwise.
    I take it you bought a 2200 rebuild kit, hoping to use it with your 2650.
    no i didnt buy one yet but i want to... if i can find a can, then buy a kit, i can get a 2200 for cheap!!! whats a tork version?

It's the motor that comes in a Flux. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXWVC1&P=7
    _
    _

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by pedecrawler
    he emailed me this morning and his exact words were "surely two escs werent bad. Just verify your shipping address and ill get a replacement to you. All I can suggest is to have proper gearing and frequently check your temps."
    Really nice guy. hopefully this one does the trick!!
    It's good to hear they have a pretty good warranty apparently! Hopefully my 8L won't give my ESC a headache... or just fry the motor itself, lol.

RC Champion
    Wow thats good news.

RC Champion
    How about a video once I get the new motor?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by pedecrawler
    How about a video once I get the new motor?
    I'm always ready for videos! Aren't we all? haha

RC Champion
    I received my warrantied motor from Dan today.

I didnt run the 4cell today but I let my dad run Venom 3cell 6400mah while i tested my ERBE. I geared it 11/54 while we were bashing very hard. It kept up with my ERBE somewhat. Im geared 18/58 in it on 4cell. Needless to say, the motor performed well. it will smoke a VXL setup for sure. I love the MMM capabilities. Dad was impressed with the Braking-to-frontflip trick. Temps were decent. the ESC fan never kicked on which means it stayed under 145-150. the motor, after over an hour of bashing was topping out at 159-162. my temp gun is accurate within 3 deg. i like the motor so far. i may have to up my spur size and lower the pinion for 4cell. i think the Badlands are effecting the temps. Sorry theres no video. I couldnt put my TX down on the ERBE because i just got it back together. Will post a vid soon though.

RC Champion
    to bad what happen to your original motor but it it also very cool he replaced it.
    rustler vxl 2.4

RC Champion
    yea. he could have put the bullets on there for free though. and he didnt shrinkwrap the solder joints. not much of a biggie though. i got it back fast

RC Champion
    Temps checked today. 3s has no worries geared 11/54. 4s on the otherhand, temps were rather high. I would definitely keep a close eye if bashing offroad.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by asheck
    thanks for the link, i did my mmp and 5700kv setup in there and if i had a 47t pinion and 54 spur it says 211.6 mph LOL.
    If your not first your last

RC Qualifier
    I have yet to receive my 8L. I emailed Dan last week on Monday and he said they would be in on Tuesday or Wednesday last week! So it's a little strange how nothing has shown up in the mail and I have not gotten a status report on where the motors are or if he has shipped one to me yet. I just emailed him a few hours ago so we will see where these darn motors are! So far not too impressed by the service... hopefully the motor will be better.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by dkaiser
    I have yet to receive my 8L. I emailed Dan last week on Monday and he said they would be in on Tuesday or Wednesday last week! So it's a little strange how nothing has shown up in the mail and I have not gotten a status report on where the motors are or if he has shipped one to me yet. I just emailed him a few hours ago so we will see where these darn motors are! So far not too impressed by the service... hopefully the motor will be better.
    i ordered a 9l from him on Monday last week and got the motor on Friday...

RC Champion
    Batteries do not push amps ..... motors demand amps and batteries supply it.
    No such thing as too much battery unless we are talking too many volts!!

Problems arise with too little battery to supply motor demands!!

Bob
    I make tap adapters and power harnesses.

RC Qualifier
    Well, Dan still hasn't responded to my e-mail yesterday... this is turning out to be a joke... It has been a month now and still no motor. I realize that when I ordered he ran out of them, but then when he says they will be in last week and then I hear absolutely nothing about him shipping one to me or if he hasn't gotten them yet it is a little ridiculous. Especially since I have been patient and let him keep my payment and he hasn't informed me at all about statuses unless I email him first.

Phhew, rant over I guess, haha.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by dkaiser
    Well, Dan still hasn't responded to my e-mail yesterday... this is turning out to be a joke... It has been a month now and still no motor. I realize that when I ordered he ran out of them, but then when he says they will be in last week and then I hear absolutely nothing about him shipping one to me or if he hasn't gotten them yet it is a little ridiculous. Especially since I have been patient and let him keep my payment and he hasn't informed me at all about statuses unless I email him first.

Phhew, rant over I guess, haha.
    I noticed he seems to have better things to do than deal with customers

RC Champion
    Over the past year I have follwed almost every post about Dan and Kershaw Designs ..... and in the end he eventually comes through. Dan has no control of a motor as he does not make them ... just re-sells. There were bad batches of "New" 700 HOs that he made good on. Please keep trying to contact him and be patient.

I use http://www.Robotmarketplace.com as a source for buying motors.
    I make tap adapters and power harnesses.