RC Qualifier

VXL ESC not working in Lipo mode

Well my ESC stopped working in lipo mode using 3s and now it won't work with 2s now. Every time I try and run the 2s in lipo mode it keeps shutting down and I have to turn it back on. If I put it in NiMH mode it's fine. Or if I put an NiMH battery in it the carr runs fine. What the heck is the deal?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    so when running LVC, or green light mode, it shuts off?

Can you run lipo in red light mode? (beware no LVC)

RC Qualifier
    I've ran into a similar problem if you're running hardcase LiPos. The little bullet connectors that are in the pack for the wires wear out and get loose.
    Nothing burns the hair off your hands like 40%....

RC Qualifier
    You know mine was doing the same thing, kinda, it was hitting lvc on 3s packs larger then 3600mah. I just switched it to sidewinder esc and it's tons awsome. The weird thing is now the vxl runs my 5700 and doesn't hit lvc with the big packs...... Go with a castle esc, even used is good, much more options, adjustabilty, tuning, and custom set up.
    Traxxas should just cash my checks for me

RC Qualifier
    Yeah I was thinking of going with a castle esc. I run my lipo on a timer and go for about 30 min then stop. When I throw it on the charger I am at 3.70 in each cell so I can probably go for another 5 to 10 min.