RC Enthusiast

How to convert to e-revo

I love the look of the e-revo but don't have the funds right now. Is there any way in which I can get my slash looking a bit more like an e-revo.
    Thanks Jack

RC Champion
    That is one I have not seen done. The Revo is SO much larger that it would never really look the part. In all honest if you want a Revo you'll most likely need to buy one. Good news is E-Revos are only about $250 used these days so they're not that far out of reach..

You can turn the Slash into a buggy looking thing. Do a search for "backslash" but that's about as close as you're going to get i'm afraid unless you're up for some serious modding...
    My mother
    Reba Collins 6/30/52 - 3/1/10 1:13pm

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by john01374
    In all honest if you want a Revo you'll most likely need to buy one.
    On my 1:1 truck forums, when people ask what kind of exhaust system they can put on their V6 trucks to make it sound like a V8, the response is always "the only way to get V8 sound is to swap in a V8".

I think the same thing applies here.

I agree about just getting a Revo. You could always get a used, brushed truck and build it up as funds allow. Even if you could get a Slash to look like a Revo, it'll obviously never be anywhere near as sophisticated.
    ◄▲▼► SUMMIT ●○●○● 2 RUSTLER VXL's ●○●○● MERV ◄▲▼►

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Well, you can get it similar. But not the same.

The only thing im still going to add is a set of 1/2 inch wheel spacers all round. This should give it a more monster looking stance.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    yeah, slash and e-revo are totally different setups, it's not like rustler to 2WD slash... they are a completely different setup for the driveline and everything.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I dont think hes asking about converting his slash TO a revo. I think hes wondering how to make his slash more REVO-ish. As in, make it LIKE a revo. Which can be done. Thats a revo slipstream body on my slash. The protrac gives you a bit more width and the spacers should be just right. Its not a revo... but it has that sporty monster look. which is what I wanted.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    yeah, you cant make your slash into a revo, theres just no way, but the slash has pretty much the same wheel base as the early revos did, (i can use my slash body on my slayer, which is the same chassis as the revo) so you can certainly find a revo body for your slash if you look around, just dont get a 3.3 version (thats a slightly longer revo or e-revo chassis).

then you just need longer a-arms on the slash and larger wheels.. I would suggest either some 2.8's traxxas wheels, or getting yourself a 17mm adapter set and running 1/8 scale tires

the revo wing wont mount directly to the body posts of the slash, but there are other wings that will you can use.. i dont know offhand which ones, but ive seem people do it for thier backslashes..

RC Enthusiast
    Yes i only want it to be cosmetically the same. Make it "look" a bit more like an e-revo. Thanks for the suggestions guys I am thinking of getting some 17mm hexes and put on some buggy tires.
    Thanks Jack

RC Qualifier
    keep in mind to do that you will have to compensate by lowering the gearing so you don't overheat your electronics.