RC Enthusiast

Grinding noise from motor or gears

Every time I run my slash at the track, I get a bad grinding noise from the rear end of the truck. I put a RPM gear cover on it and still have a problem. Is this typical? Can't find where it's coming from. Should I run it till the dirt falls out? IDK

RC Champion
    1. take off the gear cover and listen for the griding, the output yoke knocks on my rpm cover so i dont use that on my slash.
    2. make sure there is no little stick or rock in your drive train
    3. check each individual tooth in spur and pinion a little rock in there will cause a noise!
    is there an 'AA' for RC addicts?

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks a lot. Was wondering why I had those notches in the spur gear. Duh Do ya think leaving the gear cover off would wear out the spur gear quicker ( more dirt to get in there ) ?

RC Racer
    i can tell you that i almost got my finger caught in some guys spur gear this weekend at practice night when he wasn't running a gear cover and hit his throttle a bit early. if you run at the track, a gear cover is a good idea

RC Racer
    i've like many people and don't use a gear cover. i've been running like this for a couple of months and have been using the same couple of spurs depending on my driving conditions. just clean up your stuff when done and it's should be fine.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by adam_mac84
    i can tell you that i almost got my finger caught in some guys spur gear this weekend at practice night when he wasn't running a gear cover and hit his throttle a bit early. if you run at the track, a gear cover is a good idea

seems to me like YOU need to focus when grabbing another mans..truck!

and i look at the cover two ways, yes it will keep most dirt out but the dirt that does get in will rattle around like boggle (deja vu)

with the cover all the dirt will get in there, bt most will fall right out.

pick your poison, the gears are always going to wear...
    is there an 'AA' for RC addicts?