RC Competitor

Single servo questions

I was thinking of going with a single servo setup, either the one from *********, or something like that, my question is do you have to use a BEC when you go to a single servo to keep from over powering them or what, i am confused. What does the Bec do, thanks. Also which servo would you recommend for a single setup?

bec =battery elimination circut.power from esc powers servos instead of another battery on board.The stock servos use 1 channel each so just plug one in should be fine.I'm running two kershaw designs metal geared servos.There 231 oz of tourque each.I'm turning 40 series rock crushers.That's why i stuck with two.How much you want to spend hitec makes a nice one but it's not cheap or waterproof not many are check utube there is vids on how to waterproof everything.check out squirrellod his vids are very helpfull
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Competitor
    Yea i like the Hitec 7954 i think that has 408 oz of torque on 8.4 volts, but how many volts will the mamba send to it, will it be too much??? Also will the Hitec work right out of the box, or do i have to buy a programmer? Thanks.

RC Competitor
    How do you like the Kershaws, did you have to run a bec with them, I'm trying to figure out if i should go single or dual.Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by laylow99
    How do you like the Kershaws, did you have to run a bec with them, I'm trying to figure out if i should go single or dual.Thanks.
    I'm very happy with them.Plug and play.I have submerged them once{driver error} .They work fine they will turn the crushers even at a stand still for the most part.It's very helpful when you have to wiggle the truck to get a better position when climbing or crawling the tires I'm running are pretty big.plus the driving i do is alot of slow speed climbing and mountain climbing.It has to turn when i need it to.I Would be guessing but i think separate bec would be be needed because the other servos would not enjoy 8.4v very much at all.Someone will reply who knows the mmm
    Last edited by jamann; 04-24-2010 at 05:58 PM.
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Competitor
    I am running a mmm on 6s so i just need to figure out if this will overpower, the aftermarket servos or not, not really sure about how this stuff works, thanks.

It should just put out 6v thats the standard.most servos are 6v. that one is more i guess because it has enough torque to lift a house that must suck back the juice.Your running 6s.your parts list might start to grow Sounds like fun that thing must fly. vid vid vid
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Competitor
    So is the voltage regulated through the esc or the receiver,so would a single or dual servo be better, and do i have to have a programmer for the Hi tec, or will work the way it comes??