Thread: Mmm ?

RC Champion

Mmm ?

Well i have been thinking of puttting a MMM in my summit but i want to know if it is worth it just have one laying around that i pulled out of my E Revo that i sold
    but i have a few questions how does the summit hold up to the power ex diffs and tranny i know i have one in my e maxx and i went through like 6 diffs before i shimmed them and it quit stripping or i they have be standing up so far only 3 runs with shimmed diffs
    and for water proofing is it hard to do it looks esay but though i would ask
    and what gearing would you recmend would 15/68 be good cause i mosly crawl and do light bashing with it
    i also know i need new tires but im not going to try any speed records so they should last til i have to mony for new ones
    and if there is any thing else i should now just post it
    thanks
    if your not breaking anything get more air

RC Qualifier
    Quite a few threads around here about putting the MMM in the Summit if you search a bit.

Yes, shim the diffs, and you'll want to upgrade the main transmission idler gear bearings and rear diff pinion bearings to ceramic (pack the bearings well with automotive bearing grease).

The Canyon tires seem to hold together OK at speed (better than Talons seem to anyway), but they do get extremely balloony and offer little control for driving in anything other than a straight line.

Run firmware version 1.20 on your MMM to get the most out of it in a Summit (better crawling ability without the throttle surging problems seen in 1.21 & later).

I run 18/68 gears, although anything from the stock 14/68 to 18/68 should work well.

RC Champion
    ok thanks when i searched i couldn't find what i was looking for
    if your not breaking anything get more air