RC Qualifier

a thought for dual dewalts

i just had an idea and it might work

run dual dewalt 18v motors in the summit

also use 25.2 volt lipos

now for an esc that will handle it. will the mamba monster let you run brushed motors or only brushless?

why this idea.

why not.

it will keep it waterproof and its a different idea then everyone else going nuts with brushless motors.just need to to water proof the mamba monster.thats doable, get that info from google

i read on another forum you can grab a stock erevo motor plate - part #5690

add this to your summit tranny and whack an extra motor in it and it all stays covered up so no dirt etc gets in to your gears

food for thought

RC Champion
    yes the MMM esc will run brushed motors, but you might need a cat battery to run dual dewalts. how would you wire 2 motors to the MMM esc?
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?536733

RC Champion
    couldn`t you just go say positive wire to positive on motor then negative motor wire to postive on other motor and negative on the there side
    if your not breaking anything get more air

RC Champion
    that would be running in series so it would split the voltage, between the 2|(I think). I think you would have to run parallel, to get the 25 volts to each motor. tap 2 positives and 2 negatives off the esc and run to each motor. I could be wrong though

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by quadiak
    yes the MMM esc will run brushed motors, but you might need a cat battery to run dual dewalts. how would you wire 2 motors to the MMM esc?
    easy

make a y cable

so you have 2 wires joined together that feed in to the MMM esc

cos you now have dual positive/neg cables run one set of wires to each motor

you do the same thing now with the stock traxxas esc to run dual 700 ho motors from kershaw

so in this case you just need to make your own y cable to fit the motors to the mmm

this way it is wired in parallel, you get the full 25.2 volt from the lipos and th 18v motors will get some serious power shoved down their neck!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by stinger30
    easy

make a y cable

so you have 2 wires joined together that feed in to the MMM esc

cos you now have dual positive/neg cables run one set of wires to each motor

you do the same thing now with the stock traxxas esc to run dual 700 ho motors from kershaw

so in this case you just need to make your own y cable to fit the motors to the mmm

this way it is wired in parallel, you get the full 25.2 volt from the lipos and th 18v motors will get some serious power shoved down their neck!
    Here is the problem. http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=519182

with all of this - if ya gonna run the mamba esc you should run the mamba motor as well - more power, more speed and MUCH greater effiency (mamba motor $100 , 2 dewalt 18 volts $72). Why step up to a mamba then step down to brushed motors? Unless its just for the sense of "project CAN-DO"? but know a dual dewalt set up will not much faster than a single dewalt set up, just more grunt and MUCH lower run times.
    MAN, Use Common Sense.
    Outside? THERE IS NO BOX !

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by noir522
    with all of this - if ya gonna run the mamba esc you should run the mamba motor as well - more power, more speed and MUCH greater effiency (mamba motor $100 , 2 dewalt 18 volts $72). Why step up to a mamba then step down to brushed motors? Unless its just for the sense of "project CAN-DO"? but know a dual dewalt set up will not much faster than a single dewalt set up, just more grunt and MUCH lower run times.

it was an idea....i didnt say i was going to do it

im not looking for blistering speed....if i wanted that i would mount a rocket to the summit instead

just thinking out side the square....i still reckon it would be a cool thing to do with plenty of torque...just for fun

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by stinger30
    it was an idea....i didnt say i was going to do it

im not looking for blistering speed....if i wanted that i would mount a rocket to the summit instead

just thinking out side the square....i still reckon it would be a cool thing to do with plenty of torque...just for fun
    Certainly nothing wrong with thinkin outside the bun( ), I do a fair share of that myself, lol. still working on funding my next attempt at waterproof power hop ups.

RC Qualifier
    email kershaw he told me he made a dual dewalt mount I didn't want to run 2 motors for run time so I passed. I'd say mmm and 2 3s in series (6s) and run a split wire to both motors

RC Enthusiast
    I saw youtube on dewalt summit 5s? couldnt keep 4 on the ground ever!!!
    tower&winghobbies? CRAZY torque for brushed. I hear the single or dual 770 ho KD is faster, no where near the torque, and like our friends say, will suck a pair of 5000mAh 8.4 7cell nimh's down in 15 minutes. WHY BOTHER? And as I type this im looking for a dewalt cuz im too poor to buy mamba, can only dream for now and live vicariously thru others on youtube. Just bought some E Revo tires for biketrack/skatepark style driving, any pinion suggestions beside the 18T? We need more brushless Summit videos!!!!!!! MORE SUMMIT VIDEO in general!
    DEWALT SUMMIT & MINI E REVO