Thread: Summit erevo?

RC Champion

Summit erevo?

Is there a lot of differences besides motor between the 2? Selling a slash and a heli to get a summit.

RC Champion
    Not a whole lot.

Chassis and suspension components are the same. The Summit comes with "long travel" rockers, and I believe the Revo comes with either "Progressive-1" or "Progressive-2" rockers. You can use any set of rockers on either truck, although it may require different pushrods. I also believe that the the two trucks come with different springs, but like the rockers, they are interchangeable.

What the Summit has that the Revo doesn't is the 2-speed transmission and the locking differentials.

You're going to love the Summit!
    ◄▲▼► SUMMIT ●○●○● 2 RUSTLER VXL's ●○●○● MERV ◄▲▼►

RC Champion
    What does locking the diffs really do and what are the advantages?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by macz
    The locking diffs actually lock the front and rear diffs as if it had a full time posi, so all four tires get full spin, no slippage. Its great when in low traction areas such as mud or climbing. The lack of Locking diffs makes climbing with the E-Revo very difficult unless you use speed to fly up things.

The diff lock shouldn't be used at high speed or under full acceleration(technically). The 2 speed trans is similar in function, you will only use it under high load conditions, such as climbing or pulling something.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay 313
    Not a whole lot.

Chassis and suspension components are the same. The Summit comes with "long travel" rockers, and I believe the Revo comes with either "Progressive-1" or "Progressive-2" rockers. You can use any set of rockers on either truck, although it may require different pushrods. I also believe that the the two trucks come with different springs, but like the rockers, they are interchangeable.

What the Summit has that the Revo doesn't is the 2-speed transmission and the locking differentials.

You're going to love the Summit!
    I believe the E-Revo comes with the P2 rockers installed, but they also supply the LT rockers and all hardware to change over. this is a huge plus for the E-Revo.

IMO if you are mostly looking for speed and hard bashing the E-Revo is the way to go. If you want to conquer terrain the Summit is the answer.

Both are excellent and they are similar, but not the same.
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?536733

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by macz
    Locking differentials provide equal power to all wheels.

Imagine that your truck has the right front and right rear wheels stuck in deep mud with zero traction while the left side wheels are on dry dirt. With the differentials unlocked (open), the wheels in the mud would spin while the wheels on the left that have grip wouldn't turn at all. Locking differentials guarantees 50-50 power distribution to both the left and right wheels, no matter how much or how little traction a particular tire has. With the Summit, you can lock just the front diff, or both.

The diffs in the Summit work the same way a 1:1 truck with a locker does - equal power to both wheels at all times.

The lockers really help the Summits crawling ability. You can have one or two wheels in the air, and the opposite wheels will still provide power.

Really, you can run with the diffs open for the most part except for crawling and extreme terrain. Personally, I only lock the diffs if I get stuck or if I know the situation is going to call for it. I don't lock them "just because". And with the front diff locked and both tires getting equal power, your turning radius increases by quite a bit. When turning, the inside tire (the right tire if you're turning right, and vice versa) has to travel less distance than the outside tire, therefore the power goes to the outside tire. With 50-50 power to both front tires, they want to go straight and resist turning, that's why you'll see the truck turn much wider than with the diff open.

That's why lockers, whether in the Summit or a 1:1 truck, are not good for high traction, flat ground. For everything else (rocks, snow, mud, sand, loose dirt, water) they rule!

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Jay 313; 04-19-2010 at 12:21 PM.
    ◄▲▼► SUMMIT ●○●○● 2 RUSTLER VXL's ●○●○● MERV ◄▲▼►

RC Champion
    Cool thx for the info...

RC Enthusiast
    I LOVE my summit, jumped it off so many 50' cliffs I killed the body. My 1:1 daily is 72 K5 Blazer so I did pl 72chevy body in 2 tone paint/same for Merv w/ opposide scheme. Got Erevo tires/wheels for 18t higher speed bashing. skatepark/bike tracks etc.. summit too slow but way better with 30c + lipos. may buy mm someday but for now enjoy not spending all my extra money (zero) on hobby. Get your summit on a BIG pile of rocks and crawl around for 1/2 hour and youll be in love. It's SO ******. Go Traxxas!+++
    DEWALT SUMMIT & MINI E REVO

RC Champion
    Im waiting for tower to get them in stock...they said they are starting to ship the 5607..

RC Racer
    Here is one I saw on Ebay that sounds like a good deal. Already upgraded to 2.4 GHz.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Traxxas-Summit-R...item27b119151b
    Summit
    Slash 4x4
    Merv
    2 Heli's
    1plane

RC Champion
    Thx for the link... I'm gonna do the waiting game. With the tower discount $499 shipped. I just thought these would be easy to buy bcause either you like this truck or don't it seems.

RC Racer
    Thats true. Seems like theres alot more of the liking it lately. Took mine to my LHS a couple of weeks ago and people shopping were having a cow over it because they had never seen one. Heck, Maybe I should consider selling it for a premium price
    Summit
    Slash 4x4
    Merv
    2 Heli's
    1plane

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by swift06
    Thats true. Seems like theres alot more of the liking it lately. Took mine to my LHS a couple of weeks ago and people shopping were having a cow over it because they had never seen one. Heck, Maybe I should consider selling it for a premium price
    Kinda like the reason some of the LHS's in my area claim they don't stock parts. One compared the Summit sales to the Slash 4x4 and one compared the sales to a t-maxx. both said they haven't sold enough Summits to bother stocking parts.
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?536733

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by quadiak
    Kinda like the reason some of the LHS's in my area claim they don't stock parts. One compared the Summit sales to the Slash 4x4 and one compared the sales to a t-maxx. both said they haven't sold enough Summits to bother stocking parts.
    Maybe we need to into our LHS's and claim discrimination
    Summit
    Slash 4x4
    Merv
    2 Heli's
    1plane