RC Qualifier

New Body and a current set up list!

So I recently picked up a Pro Line Chevy body to replace my haggard stock PE body. Snapped a few quick pics with the iPhone, but it just doesn't do it justice. the paint scheme is dark gunmetal and flat black down the center. It's got a great understated look to it!

As far as the set up/mod list, this is how it stacks up:

-de-annodized all PE aluminum
    -Dyed chassis
    -60 wt oil all around as well as black sways
    -Losi blue springs in rear
    -MMM
    -Neu 1509 1.5y
    -19/54 gearing
    -STRC center shaft
    -STRC motor mount
    -STRC motor plate
    -Revo-spec Slipper with spacer replacement mod
    -Blue Lipo 30c 4s 5000mah
    -Blue Lipo 30c 6s 3300 mah

Next up is a set of beadlocks and tires. We shall see!

MERV/MMP/1112 1y/4s
    Slash 4x4/MMM/2650/4s/5s

RC Enthusiast
    Great job on the paint. Why did you choose to put a Chevy body on it though? The Slash 4x4 is way too tough to be a Chevy.

RC Racer
    Great Job. Nice choice on the Silverado, I think its one of the best bodys for the Slash. Thats why I have 2 of them. I have a Ford F150 body as well and the quality isnt as good as the chevy, the f150 has thin lexan.
    Great looking paint job too, Im trying to come up with a scheme for my other Silverado body.
    Slash 4x4 MMM 2650, RPM & PE Goods

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by flatblack
    So I recently picked up a Pro Line Chevy body to replace my haggard stock PE body. Snapped a few quick pics with the iPhone, but it just doesn't do it justice. the paint scheme is dark gunmetal and flat black down the center. It's got a great understated look to it!

As far as the set up/mod list, this is how it stacks up:

-de-annodized all PE aluminum
    -Dyed chassis
    -60 wt oil all around as well as black sways
    -Losi blue springs in rear
    -MMM
    -Neu 1509 1.5y
    -19/54 gearing
    -STRC center shaft
    -STRC motor mount
    -STRC motor plate
    -Revo-spec Slipper with spacer replacement mod
    -Blue Lipo 30c 4s 5000mah
    -Blue Lipo 30c 6s 3300 mah

Next up is a set of beadlocks and tires. We shall see!

I love the flat black look, what type of paint is it ? Tamiya, Pactra, ??? Rattle can or airbrush ? Thanks for any help !

RC Qualifier
    Nice man. you got the best body for the Slash. haha. Nice paint job to. good lookin set up.
    Owner of: 1/10 Slash 4x4 Platinum Edition

RC Qualifier
    How do you like the Losi springs? Are they alot better then the stock ones?
    Rustler|Brushless Losi XXL

RC Qualifier
    Ya. The Losi springs handle tons better.

The paint is a combo of some old Boyd's gunmetal paint the LHS had on sale, Pactra Indy Silver, and two coats of Pactra Outlaw Black topped off with some standard ol' flat black. All rattle can.

Also, two coats of window tint. I'll be sure to get some better quality pics outside soon. Paint looks tons better.
    MERV/MMP/1112 1y/4s
    Slash 4x4/MMM/2650/4s/5s

RC Qualifier
    Just pulled the trigger on a set of beadlocks! I opted for the super scale looking and light weight RC4WD Shock wheel in plastic! Looks like a great wheel! You can only run Pro-line and RC4WD tires on them, though. No biggie. Not a racer so I'm in no need of running AKA or anything else.

I'll be mounting up a set of Trenchers on these bad boys. Gotta few plans for the wheels aesthetically as well.
    MERV/MMP/1112 1y/4s
    Slash 4x4/MMM/2650/4s/5s

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by deejayrock
    I have a Ford F150 body as well and the quality isnt as good as the chevy, the f150 has thin lexan.
    I'm glad that I'm not the only one who noticed that the F150's Lexan seems really thin. I also have the Proline Baja Bug body and it seems MUCH thicker than the F150. I think I'm going to email Proline and ask them about it because honestly, the F150 body seems every bit as thin (weak) as the stock Slash 4x4PE body does. It could be something as simple as the first run didn't get as much lexan poured into the mold and the next run will be stronger, in which case if they get enough complaints, maybe that'll ensure that they do make them thicker on the next run. Maybe even give those of us who got the thin ones a discount or better

RC Racer
    you just saved me from buying another thin body.i dont get why they go so thin for 4x4 truck bodys thaT we absolutely abuse.i race and the last thing i think about is the wieght of my body.even the desert rat body isnt heavy and its scookum big time.