RC Qualifier

my dewalt results

well I finally got around to putting the dewalt in. My titan has been running so good I didn't worry about it.

I used the stock pinion and it seems decent speed wise I'll get a 20t soon.

bad part is my second run with it the front wheel locked up I thought a stick got jammed in it(it was dark) so I went and rolled the wheels by hand and it freed up so I drove it in the house. Later I took it and loaded it in my truck for some lunchtime bashing at work.

the next day at lunch when I set it down and gave it throttle the engine just reved. I took the body off and noticed the rear halfshaft pin (5653) was gone.... And the front halfshaft the screw (5145) was missing that holds it to the diff bulkhead lol..... Lhs doesn't stock any of it of course.... So I'll be down a while =(

is there anything I can do to the remaining 5653 assemblies so they don't spit the pins out too? Mod? Maintenance?

RC Racer
    Forgive me if the answer is out there. But what difference is the dewalt from the stock titan? More tourqe, less speed? More speed, more tourqe?
    Slash 4x4 PE
    Summit

RC Qualifier
    more torque almost the same speed with the stock pinion so if you put in a bigger pinion (im getting 20t) it should be faster then stock and still more torque crawling

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by aikin
    well I finally got around to putting the dewalt in. My titan has been running so good I didn't worry about it.

I used the stock pinion and it seems decent speed wise I'll get a 20t soon.

bad part is my second run with it the front wheel locked up I thought a stick got jammed in it(it was dark) so I went and rolled the wheels by hand and it freed up so I drove it in the house. Later I took it and loaded it in my truck for some lunchtime bashing at work.

the next day at lunch when I set it down and gave it throttle the engine just reved. I took the body off and noticed the rear halfshaft pin (5653) was gone.... And the front halfshaft the screw (5145) was missing that holds it to the diff bulkhead lol..... Lhs doesn't stock any of it of course.... So I'll be down a while =(

is there anything I can do to the remaining 5653 assemblies so they don't spit the pins out too? Mod? Maintenance?
    Loc-tite, and frequent checking of the drive pins. I lost one a while and when I replaced it I found the out 7 to be loose as well. It seems that if you have the spring load increased, creating more driveshaft angle, the pins get worked alot harder. If this is the case bringing the suspension down may help a bit as well.
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?536733