Thread: Decisions?

RC Champion

Decisions?

I'm thinking of getting rid of my vxl slash for the summit...just seeing all the new trucks 50-60mph....Is the summit that good all around? I just bash so how does do in mud? Is it durable?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by macz
    I'm thinking of getting rid of my vxl slash for the summit...just seeing all the new trucks 50-60mph....Is the summit that good all around? I just bash so how does do in mud? Is it durable?
    In my not so humble opinion, the only downside to the Summit is that it's not a speed demon, although whether or not that's actually a downside is a matter of opinion. I don't consider it "slow", just "not fast". To me, there's a difference.

You could always swap out the motor for something else, anyway. There are lots of threads here about ditching the stock Titan 775 for other motors, like Dewalt, Kershaw, Mamba, even VXL.

I think it's the ultimate basher. The design and sophistication of every aspect of the truck is second to none. I find myself still taking the body off sometimes just to admire how awesome the suspension setup is. IMO, the tires are better suited for crawling than bashing, since they're very soft, but that's easy to change if you wanted to.

Yes, it performs great in mud.

And snow.

And water, and sand, and whatever else you want to run it through. The 2-speed tranny, 4wd, and locking differentials make it just about unstoppable.

It is unbelievably durable. There are very few threads here about broken parts. We do break the bumper mounts sometimes, but that's a minor issue.
    I have absolutely abused mine, and the thing just won't break. The stock parts are great. It seems like a lot of other trucks need to be equipped with a lot of RPM or aluminum parts to stay in one piece. That's not the case with the Summit.

Also, I think the fact that it's rare to see a Summit for sale in the Marketplace is a sign that those who buy them keep them.

If you can't tell, I love the Summit!
    ◄▲▼► SUMMIT ●○●○● 2 RUSTLER VXL's ●○●○● MERV ◄▲▼►

RC Qualifier
    I have a summit and was thinking about getting a slash lol. It's not fast and it's heavy so if you like jumping high your going to need to upgrade but it does jump and land well just no air lol.. But it goes over thing most cars can't touch

RC Champion
    Cool.. I just sold my tmaxx it was fun a brutally fast and the slash is quick but...tuning the 4908 just couldn't really find the tune. The slash is fun zipping around but it won't climb curbs or boulders...so thx for the input...my speed demon is my 4tec.