RC Qualifier

i am getting a dewalt

i have a few questions though can i use the stock pinion if not what should i get? also can you post me a link to everything ill be needing

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by slash50
    i have a few questions though can i use the stock pinion if not what should i get? also can you post me a link to everything ill be needing
    Have a look here:

http://monster.traxxas.com/showthrea...t=dewalt+story

You might not need the spacer but will need to mod the bracket. Type dewalt into the forum search and you should find all you need.

I am really looking forward to doing mine.
    2.4Ghz Dewalt E-Remmit

RC Qualifier
    my stock pinion is 18t I think ppl use different ones I see alot use 20t I plan on trying my 18t when my titan finally gives out I have alot of runs on my current one. The original one lasted like 3 runs lol

RC Qualifier
    well do i need anything elese like brushes? and is there any place where i can order everything?

RC Qualifier
    also will the top speed with 2 7 cells be at least 15mph?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by slash50
    well do i need anything elese like brushes? and is there any place where i can order everything?
    Motor comes with brushes. Spares are easy to find anywhere dewlat is sold.

I got a 12V, 14V and a set of brushes from a guy on ebay for $60. He does not have any 12's at the moment, but if you can live with a 14V (I personally will not know the difference between the two until they are both up and running) go here:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/NEW-DeWalt-14-4V-...item2559913a76

If you want a one stop shop go here as I know a few people here get their stuff there:

http://www.robotmarketplace.com/prod...396505-20.html

You will need some 12AWG wire (14 is used on stock but going a little bigger does not hurt) some bullet connectors, heat shrink tubing and finally three capacitors. I believe stock titans come with ones that are labeled '503' which is 0.05uf(?) or was it 0.01uf.. Anyways, radio shacks or better yet Industrial electronic stores will have what you need. Just tell them you need a ceramic disc capacitor that is labled '503' and they will give you '473' as its closest counterpart. They might not be needed though on the 2.4Ghz system, but again I won't totally know until both of mine are up and running.

I have had some help from Noir522 and Traxximus Prime on this (Thanks again! and feel free to jump in here as you guys have more experience in this than myself!).

As for speed, I am expecting top speed to be the same as stock with stock gearing and stock batteries. But now when i use my 5000's and change to an 18/65 gearing I am expecting a little more sizzle (will have to watch temps though)
    2.4Ghz Dewalt E-Remmit

RC Qualifier
    do the stock motor mount screws fit?

RC Qualifier
    You need to slot the stock holes abit as the DeWalt mounting holes are a tad farther apart.
    SUMMIT- DeWalt, 4S
    SUMMV- 3S
    MERV- 3S

RC Qualifier
    ok hopefully i can order it this week cant wait! i havent driven my summit in a couple of weeks

RC Qualifier
    the stock screws are small you need 4mm screws I got 4mm x 10mm and they worked nice.my lhs had them in stock.

I actually just ran my dewalt for the first time and I need to correct something I said a here. The stock pinion is 14t I said 18t sorry. so it was pretty slow maybe 15 mph. I'll get a 20t soon.

RC Qualifier
    I run 21/62 gearing with my Dewalt 12v on 4s in a Erevo w/3.2 Mashers. Good for about 30mph and still incredible torque. I can also run on 5s for about 35 mph and is seriously quick, but brushes wear twice as fast and motor will heat up to 200*F (only get 160*F on 4s). It takes the abuse though as I have over 100 runs on the motor.

RC Qualifier
    I ran it again on my better bats 2 8.4v venom nihms (yeah they're venoms) but wow it's fast and gets to full speed really quick. I notice it dimmed the leds almost at the start though if I floor it. It never did that with the titan till they were low. Btw I'm running with no capacitors on am. Gets about 50 ft or so before any noticeable glitching.

RC Qualifier
    Dewalts are amp hungry monsters. They love lipo. I can burn through 6000mah of 4s power in 20 minutes of fast hard running with mine with ending pack temps of 120*F(outside temp of 65*F). That's 6000mah 28C packs so 168 amps of continuous power available and still heats them up.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by aikin
    I ran it again on my better bats 2 8.4v venom nihms (yeah they're venoms) but wow it's fast and gets to full speed really quick. I notice it dimmed the leds almost at the start though if I floor it. It never did that with the titan till they were low. Btw I'm running with no capacitors on am. Gets about 50 ft or so before any noticeable glitching.
    The caps aren't to prevent glitching. It's to give it bottom end power when you punch it. The caps help it get going from a stand still.
    SUMMIT- DeWalt, 4S
    SUMMV- 3S
    MERV- 3S

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxximus Prime
    The caps aren't to prevent glitching. It's to give it bottom end power when you punch it. The caps help it get going from a stand still.
    I did a bit of research and there is alot of this on this here thing called the Interweb cause I wanted to find out what the 503 meant, ceramic disc etc. for capacitors. Some motors do need the cap to help start them definitely, but are usually AC motors (the smaller ones with the 'hump' on top) and the capacitor itself would be the size of Titan 775.

This link explains a little.

http://www.ezonemag.com/pages/faq/a418.shtml or here...

http://www.instructables.com/answers...-on-the-motor/
    2.4Ghz Dewalt E-Remmit