Thread: bulkheads

RC Champion

bulkheads

Just wondering what everyone is running for aluminum bulkheads? Which is better - STRC, FLM, Golden Horizons, Great Assembly, or RD Logics?

RC Enthusiast
    And the reason for using alu bulkheads is...? Unless you want to have your car on a bookshelf, shining and polished, I would avoid using alu parts as much as possible.

Of course, some critical parts should be replaced, but if you have a lot in alu, other parts will get broken. Plastics is the best, because it is flexible.

My humble opinion :-)

RC Champion
    I would stick with FLM, REM or GH on the bulkhead.. you want to stick with the bigger companies, with lifetime warranties for structural aluminum parts...

The purpose of aluminum bulkhead is a SOLID mounting spot for the flexing parts.. i.e. arms, shock towers, etc.
    Slash 2wd w/ Novak
    Rusty w/ Castle

RC Champion
    I agree, bulkhead can be aluminium just fine. My plastic bulkhead got torn apart in a crash.. but only cause the hinge pins were able to tear upwards through the holders. Had it been aluminium, the hinge pins would've been bent, but the bulkhead wouldn't have been damaged.

RC Qualifier
    I have an STRC aluminum bulkhead and love it. Yes I bash.
    \BACKSLASH
    \BACKBAJR
    2WD Slash

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by scarab82
    And the reason for using alu bulkheads is...? Unless you want to have your car on a bookshelf, shining and polished, I would avoid using alu parts as much as possible.

Of course, some critical parts should be replaced, but if you have a lot in alu, other parts will get broken. Plastics is the best, because it is flexible.

My humble opinion :-)
    The reason for an alumn bulk is because my plastic one broke. How exactly would having flex in the bulkhead be beneficial? It's sort of a solid crucial part that ties in the entire front end.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Arakon
    I agree, bulkhead can be aluminium just fine. My plastic bulkhead got torn apart in a crash.. but only cause the hinge pins were able to tear upwards through the holders. Had it been aluminium, the hinge pins would've been bent, but the bulkhead wouldn't have been damaged.
    Thats why I plan on getting Lunsford titanium hinge pins.

RC Racer
    I have the STRC bulk and Lunsford pins, and am not happy with the bulkhead, the hinge pins are really sloppy, I have a REM on the way
    If it's HOT,WET and STICKY,I'm in it !!!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDeal
    I have the STRC bulk and Lunsford pins, and am not happy with the bulkhead, the hinge pins are really sloppy, I have a REM on the way
    I presume due to the STRC tolerance, and not the Lunsford?