first run with the crushers

Well got my parts fixed my truck. It was getting dark and was raining quick test run on some rock.I was a bit disappointed in the grip as there was little to none. I thought these tires were suppose to grip{It was smooth slightly mossy}The moab xl's gripped on that surface pretty good.Well it was nice today so i went to the park a block from my house.In the dry these tires are awesome loose gravel,dirt,rock no problems they hurt the steep climb performance a bit,but also allowed me to climb different lines around places i used to get stuck.They are stiffer in the sidewall witch some times helps when you have to bump the truck up something.A couple pics

Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    Sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Your nitro is fat...It ate my Brushless Dust!!!!

Forgot to add the truck is stock Original motor{7 months}Witch is a long life apparently No break in I didn't know.I just used 1:1 philosophy new motor take it easy for the first bit and keep it cleaned.Dewalt in the future going to throw a 12t pinion on the 775 see what happens
    Last edited by jamann; 04-10-2010 at 08:50 PM.
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC poster
    These tires generally haven't gotten a good reception with the crawling crowd. If you want more info on the tires head over to rccrawler.com.

It is mainly the lack of space betwen lugs that hurts the performance. The lugs fold over and the gap disappears, and the rubber isn't soft enough to use firmer foams and still get traction.

RC Qualifier
    RC tires are like all other tires. They have oil on them from the forming process. It's just like my crotch rocket tires. They are slick as heck when you get them. You need to break them in till the coatings gone before you can drag a knee around a corner. You just have to break the crushers in.
    SUMMIT- DeWalt, 4S
    SUMMV- 3S
    MERV- 3S

Quote Originally Posted by Traxximus Prime
    RC tires are like all other tires. They have oil on them from the forming process. It's just like my crotch rocket tires. They are slick as heck when you get them. You need to break them in till the coatings gone before you can drag a knee around a corner. You just have to break the crushers in.
    I agree they are hooking up way better now they handle at speed good till you try to turn then it's flippy time ...But imagine a 1:1 truck with 54" swamper boggers trying to crank a turn at 50,Likely the same result
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by jamann
    I agree they are hooking up way better now they handle at speed good till you try to turn then it's flippy time ...But imagine a 1:1 truck with 54" swamper boggers trying to crank a turn at 50,Likely the same result
    I have to admit that is one aspect of the Claw/Revolver setup I am running which I really enjoy. Even with the Summit body I could crank a 180 at full speed on my gravel driveway and it would just slide as if I locked up the Brakes. With the now lower COG body I have, maybe it will pull a four wheel skid on dry asphalt,
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?536733

Quote Originally Posted by quadiak
    I have to admit that is one aspect of the Claw/Revolver setup I am running which I really enjoy. Even with the Summit body I could crank a 180 at full speed on my gravel driveway and it would just slide as if I locked up the Brakes. With the now lower COG body I have, maybe it will pull a four wheel skid on dry asphalt,
    On loose surfaces it's not to bad but on pavement or grass flippy but because the tires are bigger it lands on it's wheels alot more than the stockers ever did
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried