Thread: kershaw motors

RC Qualifier

kershaw motors

i am putting a single kershaw designs motor in my summit but should i get the 700 or the 700ho and what pinion should i get

RC Qualifier
    The 700ho, but it will not be a upgrade over the 775. Might even lose a little due to the 700ho having less torque. There are only two upgrades over the 775 which are a Dewalt 12v or 2 700ho's. Dewalt is a torque monster and can handle 5s lipo power. The dual 700ho's benefit from the combined power of both motors, but at the expense of a much higher price.

The best upgrade is brushless, but you would lose the waterproofness.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan2010
    The 700ho, but it will not be a upgrade over the 775. Might even lose a little due to the 700ho having less torque. There are only two upgrades over the 775 which are a Dewalt 12v or 2 700ho's. Dewalt is a torque monster and can handle 5s lipo power. The dual 700ho's benefit from the combined power of both motors, but at the expense of a much higher price.

The best upgrade is brushless, but you would lose the waterproofness.
    And from what I have heard the dual 700's will result in shorter run times because those two motors eat up the juice quicker.

RC Qualifier
    X3!!!........
    SUMMIT- DeWalt, 4S
    SUMMV- 3S
    MERV- 3S

RC Racer
    hmmm,i dont think the 775 is more power then single kershaw 700 ho. the titianis 10 turn..the 700ho is9 turn
    Want a small boost in power for your Summit without draining your batteries and bank account. Try this 9 turn 700-series motor. The lower wind count and 15 degrees advanced timing make for a notable increase in speed and power
    i think if you need a replacement motor this is a good one fo the $$. when mine gose n its time for new one i will be getting the 700ho or the Summit Revolver 700-HO Motor Conversion Kit it says to run top shelf nimah batts or 15c lipo.buti already have top line nimah so i will just use them..just remember u can change the pinion gear to get more tourque lower number gear = torque higher number =speed
    Last edited by smokeGR; 04-10-2010 at 01:14 PM.
    smokeGR
    2summits 2villainEX slayer3.3

RC Qualifier
    DeWalt power!!!
    SUMMIT- DeWalt, 4S
    SUMMV- 3S
    MERV- 3S

RC Qualifier
    i am not looking for speed thats why i have my vxl slash and what pinion should i get so the motor runs cooler in my summit.

RC Qualifier
    The DeWalt 12v is a torque monster. I have a 21T on my DeWalt and it can pull a house down on 4S.
    SUMMIT- DeWalt, 4S
    SUMMV- 3S
    MERV- 3S

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxximus Prime
    The DeWalt 12v is a torque monster. I have a 21T on my DeWalt and it can pull a house down on 4S.
    VIDEO!!! We want to see this . Or are you talking doll house?

RC Qualifier
    Traxximus Prime is correct Dewalt is a torque monster, and yes I do believe his claim on the house pulling. Why else do you think he was living in a hotel the last few days? -jk
    Tekin 4ws Summit
    G2R, ERBE, BB
    Use common sense