Thread: slash setup

RC Qualifier

slash setup

long story short! i hate my slash! ahaha well i have the brushless sidewinder in my slash running 19t spur and pinion? idk, iam using 4500 mah 7 cell batts. and it coggs? it sucks i hate it, anybody using this combo and it not cogging? if your using a different batt or diff gearing and its not cogging can you tell me what it is! and whats a decent lipo batt, for cheap?
    2nd place is 1st loser......

RC Champion
    What kv is the motor? A high kv sensorless motor has a tendency to cog worse than lowered kv one under load..usually. But it also depends whether the batts can supply sufficient juice for the motor and how much load is put into the motor. 19T pinion is quite tall on a 5700kv for example.Try lowering the punch setting first if possible and see if that helps.
    Myth busted: Blitz is not faster on the track.

RC Qualifier
    i think the KV is 4600, not exactly sure, i am beginning to think my slash has a mind of its own! Its to spoiled so it ants to do what it wants haha, well i might go with traxxas brushless motor since it has 3500 Kv. i was just looking for a motor that i dont have to replace every other day!!!

RC Qualifier
    so i have the Red bead locs from proline i want to get rid of those and get split six non bead locs! then get one more battey then ill be set! who wants to buy some red beadlocs switch tires?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by RCNEWB5150
    so i have the Red bead locs from proline i want to get rid of those and get split six non bead locs! then get one more battey then ill be set! who wants to buy some red beadlocs switch tires?

trade ya !! ... ive got switchs on the one piece split six blkrims ... ran like 4 times ...
    Zach
    Slash 2wd-RPM/STRC
    Stampede

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by zgavin
    trade ya !! ... ive got switchs on the one piece split six blkrims ... ran like 4 times ...
    i sent a pm about the trade!

RC Qualifier
    Okay i need an answer from expeirence! Will this fit in a regular 2x4 slash?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Traxxas-Slas...#ht_4941wt_958

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Yes, absolutely it will. Thats the same motor as in all 1/10 traxxas VXL trucks and the 4X4 slash. I think part of your problem is your geared too tall. Even if your running a 90 tooth spur with a 19 pinoin your too tall. The lighter trucks like the pede and the rustler can handle 19/90 or 19/86. But the slash being a bit bigger and a bit heavier is happier at about 16 or 17/86 or 90. It will run cooler an cog less with this setup.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    okay, where can i find these 16 or 17 with a 90 spur?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RCNEWB5150
    Okay i need an answer from expeirence! Will this fit in a regular 2x4 slash?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Traxxas-Slas...#ht_4941wt_958
    get it now 5 mins !
    www.cardomain.com/ride/3299559