Thread: sand paddles

RC Racer

sand paddles

should i run them on all 4 corners or just the back and a rib tire up front?

RC Champion
    i would run them on all 4 corners. the reason for this, im thinking the front diff would over work with the lack of traction.
    rustler vxl 2.4

RC Qualifier
    I would run them only on the back, and rather than run ribs up front, run a normal tire like the Switch. Then steering will be normal but you'll still get some traction out of the front as well.
    Turbo in the front, groceries in the back.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by rustler09
    im thinking the front diff would over work with the lack of traction.
    this really makes no sense...

run all 4 is you have the $

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy-SLASH#1
    this really makes no sense...

run all 4 is you have the $
    why doesn't that make sense???

if would think if you run a ribbed tire one the front (rustler fronts)? if the front as no traction wouldn't it work harder and possible blow? i know on a 1:1 4x4 truck it will hurt it with 2 different size (front/rear) tires on it.
    rustler vxl 2.4

RC Qualifier
    Different sized tires front/rear isn't good for an AWD vehicle on a grippy surface. On something like sand, or anything else low traction, it would be fine.
    Turbo in the front, groceries in the back.

RC Champion
    ok, guess i was thinking to hard about it!!!
    rustler vxl 2.4

RC Racer
    I run them on just the rear and regular tires or mohawks on the front. I jist got back from pismo beach and my slash tore it up, I wouldnt run all 4's, but thats just me.
    Sand + 3s lipo + Sand Paw paddles = Destroying your axles, had to find a hobby shop to buy replacements, paddles on all 4 means buying more axles. I ran on 2s as well, this is better, no broken parts.
    Also, check clearances with your body and paddles, both rear and turning if
    you run in front.

RC Racer
    well my stock body will be getting clearanced any way i went with the rpm crawler wide track rim and im looking at the proline sand paws

i guess it would make sense to run em on all 4 corners since with more traction out back it might over come a normal tire up front

RC Qualifier
    I run all 4, works awesome in the sand, no problems with steering with them on the front. The sand is soft enough that whole tire acts like a rudder anyways.

RC Qualifier
    I've tried it both ways and like it much better with rear paddles and an all terrain type tire in the front.

RC Qualifier
    I had a serious beach bashing session last weekend. I ran both a full set of Badlands buggy tires and a combination of Badlands up front and Sand Paws on the rear. With Sand Paws on the back, paddles up front might help launch from a dead stop, but after that what you run up front is almost irelevant as long as its round. Under power the fronts are either off the ground completely or vary lightly loaded. The difference in diameter of the Sand Paws and Badlands made no difference. I wouldn't recommend running the center diff at all. If you are running a chassis cover of some kind, watch your temps. They will go up.

RC Racer
    it got pretty warm running the stock tires that came on it just a lot of spin and not much go had to get it rolling and the punch it just like real sand runnning