RC Qualifier

Finally did most of the Sleyden setup on my 4x4

Well after last week's driving nightmare and a fairly high speed carpet track causing my truck to traction roll like mad. Tuesday I practiced with how the truck was from the previous week, did okay overall but still wasn't all that fast really.

Tonight I finally broke down and setup the truck for carpet racing. I don't have sway bars, shock oil weights, or even the suggested tires. I did what I could for adjustments and I gotta say this truck handles really nice. I tried to traction roll it on purpose and yeah, wasn't going to happen unless I clipped a pipe, or something similar. The truck pushes a tad too much in the corners but thats where the sway bars will come into play, at least maybe the front only. I lowered the truck overall and surprisingly without the shock oil in the shocks it really don't bottom out all that bad I do have a slight bounce in the rear though.

For those of you who race and are doubting the setup Steve suggested, you need to give it a try for at least a round of practice. That's what I said to myself, if I didn't like it I could always go back and find my own setup that I like.
    Mike Zadler
    Slash 4x4 SOLD!
    Slash 2wd

RC Qualifier
    so which part of the SSS *did* you do?

did you have his springs?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiya
    so which part of the SSS *did* you do?

did you have his springs?
    Well I did the shock position on the shock tower and a-arm, I did the camber link adjustments, and I did the steering adjustment. I also did the T-Maxx white progressive springs in the rear with rustler red progressive springs in front. Today I'm hoping to change the shock oil before racing tonight.
    Mike Zadler
    Slash 4x4 SOLD!
    Slash 2wd