Thread: 2.4Ghz Blues

RC Qualifier

2.4Ghz Blues

Yesterday I finished bolting on my old TRX Slash 4x2 electronics to my new 4x4 TRX Slash rolling chassis. I also added the 2.4Ghz Tx/Rx from Tower Hobbies. I charged a battery, straped it on & turned the radio & ESC on. The ESC lit up & the fan spun but nothing else. Not even steering. The instructions show a on/off button on the Rx, which mind doesn't have. An optional on/off switch and 4battery pack came with the setup. I also got a second Rx for another truck, but the optional on/off switch did not. So how do I get this to work?
    minitrux.net 4x4VXL Slash Rustler & VCreeper

RC Qualifier
    ESC should power the RX & your servo fine

perhaps yank the ESC's lead out and replace with 4AAs ... rebind the TX to RX and make sure the radiogear works properly first

RC Qualifier
    Does binding occur just by turning the radio on?
    minitrux.net 4x4VXL Slash Rustler & VCreeper

RC Enthusiast
    No. You have to bind them before the Rx will recognize the Tx. Read the book. If the light on the Rx is red, it doesn't "see" the Tx. Once it turns green, you're good to go.

RC Qualifier
    yeah just sounds like a binding problem.

RC poster
    I am having so much trouble binding my new receiver to my old 3.3 revo!!! I get the receiver to blink slow red and the transmitter to bind 2 red beeps in binding mode and the transmitter NEVER TURNS GREEN!!!!! What am i doing wrong? Can someone just help me step by step! I am not a dummy but i must b doing something wrong cause i have tried over 20 times. I have been in the hobby 4 over 5 yrs and know a lot but not everything!!