RC Enthusiast

Need help deciding...

I need some opinions here from everyone about a new R/C I'm planning on purchasing in the next few weeks. Right now I have a Jato 3.3 which I absolutley love. I started with nitro and I love every minute of it.

A few months ago I was reading an article on the new Losi Ten-T. Everything I've heard about it has been positive and it's been on my list since then.

I'm also really intrigued by the Slash 4x4 too. I love the looks of it and I've never had the opportunity to own a brushless electric R/C.

I know some of the opinions here may be biased, but feel free to chime in with your thoughts. I won't be buying another one for quite a while so I want to make a good decision.

Thanks!

RC Qualifier
    depends on what type of running you will be doing
    Slayer, Slash 4x4 (MMM/2650kv), & a Summit

RC Enthusiast
    bashing around, taking it to the local park, high speed runs etc. I don't do any racing really but that's not to say I wouldn't try it.

RC Qualifier
    I've owned several R/C's and my slash 4X4 is my favorite by far. I just purchased a second one today!!
    It is a great truck for overall running.
    2 Slash 4x4's, B/L Rusty, and a Crawler

RC Enthusiast
    anyone with experience with Losi products?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by kmf82
    I love my MRC. When my kids make a mess in the house, its rock crawling time.
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Slash 4x4
    Losi MRC

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by technologic
    I love my MRC. When my kids make a mess in the house, its rock crawling time.

With the slash 4x4 that kind of stuff is a lot better than the old 2wd... stacks of pillows are good for me
    PLEASE do not PM me and immediately go offline :p

RC Qualifier
    switching from Nitro to brushless, can get expencive, You'll love the plug and play of the electric!!! but to really get the most out of it you'll need 3s LiPos and a LiPO charger, all my buddies have switch to brushless or are switching because of the easy plug and play---read NO TUNING--- poor Nitro guy just can't keep up with me, they had longer run times...till I bought more batteries, LOL have fun, and if you have the $$$$ I would defiantly go brushless

RC Enthusiast
    Yea, I'm sure it can be expensive to make the switch, but even if I bought the Ten-T (which is $500 minus shipping) I can still get my hands on a Slash 4x4 for about $370ish from Tower after all of the discounts are applied. That's going to leave me with some leftover cash for things like batteries and the charger.

Besides, what kind of price I'm I looking at for a good charger and a couple of batteries?

RC Racer
    Good charger = Thunder AC6 or Skycharger. Both around $60.

As for batteries, I went with John the Battery guy and spent alot. Good service and great product but you are looking at around $90 for 2s and 100+ for 3s. A lot of guys here get batteries for much cheaper.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by kmf82
    I have been running Losi for some time now. Started with my XX and have been going up from there.

Currently I run a Losi 8ight and the guys i hang out with race for losi and I run there 2.0's a few times a week.

I can tell you they are bullet proof, I have seen my 8ight do things on a track or the local park that my slash would break just watching it! Now of course we are comparing a 1/8thscale to a 1/10th scale.

It all comes down to what you want to run.. Nitro Or electic.. I run 8ights side by side ( electric and nitro ) and i can tell you that the electrics kill the nitros all day long, Way more bottom end speed, more get up and go and tons of torque going into the jumps, Much faster and easier mid air corrections as well.

Don't get me wrong, i love my slashes too (2WD and 4WD ) but i have broken shock caps, Bearing carriers, Body post and stub axials a few times on them, doing the same bashing with the XXXT and 8ight i have not broken a thing.

RC Enthusiast
    Well, I think I'm gonna go with the Losi. All of the things like remote start, the spectrum radio w/ telemetry, and all the other good stuff make this too hard to pass up for roughly $500.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by dtnel
    Pssssttt. This is a traxxas forum.... Losi forums are elsewhere, trying to save you warning points, got it ???

Losi dont pay traxxas to host their forums............Just the rules..........
    If you read my original post you'll see I own a Jato 3.3. I haven't bought anything but Traxxas products for the past 2 years. My intention was to get opinions from owners of both brands so that I could make a decision I'll be happy with.

And to tell you the truth, if I posted this over on a Losi forum I'm sure someone like you would reply back saying the Traxxas boards are elsewhere. It's a no win situation with people like you.

Anyway, this isn't about promoting one brand over the other. If a mod has a problem with the thread I created I'm sure they will PM me about it and let me know. Thanks.