RC Qualifier

just bought ebay roller

I already have a slash 4X4, all stock except for the 30 series wheels/tires.
    Kinda wanted to know what everyone's opinion is on what kind of speedo, motor should go into my "spare" truck? I NEVER race, so keep that in mind. Right now I'm thinking of a good 'ole VXL combo . They have worked great for me so far in my rustler, and now in my slash 4X4. Is there a cheaper, and just as reliable set up out there?
    Other than needing the esc, and motor I have a brand new radio laying around, and brand new slash wheels lying around ready to go.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions
    2 Slash 4x4's, B/L Rusty, and a Crawler

RC Qualifier
    a good one is the HV 4.5 Turn
    Slayer, Slash 4x4 (MMM/2650kv), & a Summit

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the reply. I was actually just looking at that set up! Seems many people are liking it, but it's a little more $$ than the vxl system.
    I guess I am stuck with the vxl for about 150.00 for now. I'm really wanting some $$ to free up so I can go insane and drop in the MMM! HAHAHAHA

RC Champion
    Check out kershaw designs. Their motors are cheap and very good
    Drive it like you stole it or leave it shelved

RC Racer
    hey newbie
    if you're interested in the vxl system i may be selling my system, I just purchased a MMM setup so prob dont need this setup, comes with esc, esc fan, velineon motor, ran it a few times but nothing wrong with it, looking to get 135 shipped to you. Let me know if youre interested, should be a good build up.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks everyone for the input.... Deejayrock, I'd like to do that, (sweet deal) but I'm gonna have to wait to start building the truck when it gets here.
    B/T/W, I think I am gonna go with a vxl, and build this truck up as a "jump" truck. Never had one dedicated to do AIR..... LOL