Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Champion
    Hey Sevenie, the vxl is known for premature low voltage cutoff. I have the same issue with mine that was pulled from a slash 4x4. It's only with 3S lipos. I have a novak external low voltage detecter that I had to rig up and than run the esc with lvc off. it works without a bother when using it and has it's own soft cutoff built in. You may need to make one yourself. Send me an email if ya have any questions about it as I may not check back here often enough

Jon
    infowars.com

RC Qualifier
    Excellent thanks Jon, I might do if I'm not getting run time. But as for poor performance, crisis over.

Took it out this afternoon and I go the speed I was expecting. Very quick, again only ran it for about 10 minutes this time as the motor was hot so turned it off. But I'm a lot happier now. Like I said before now only ran it for about 10 minutes total, I kept the same battery, didn't recharge it. But today it was a huge improvement over the first run. Its almost as though the esc/motor needed time break in.

Didn't check it with the temp gun but the motor was fairly hot so might need to invest in a fan for the esc and motor.

Thanks to everyone for your replies. I'll let you know how it got on tomorrow, with a fullly charged battery agian.
    KD 700-HO 3905 - FLM E-Maxx MMM - ERBE - Slash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    it is not your motor, its probably the battery

brandnew NiMH usually need 3-5 cycles to "wake up"

if stored unused for long time they will go sluggish again,
    and will need a few more cycles to wake them up again.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks but using 3S lipo, lol.
    KD 700-HO 3905 - FLM E-Maxx MMM - ERBE - Slash 4x4