Thread: 2.4Ghz Reverse

RC Racer

2.4Ghz Reverse

I know some of you here have done the conversion to 2.4Ghz instead of buying that way. Have any of you run into the controller taking two pushes of the trigger to get it to go into reverse? Any fix?

Kinda wishing I stayed with the TQ4... Except for the controller wand that is..
    2.4Ghz Dewalt E-Remmit

RC Qualifier
    It's the same with the AM. When your going forward and you hit "reverse" it applies the brakes. Then you have to let go and hit reverse again for reverse. My 2.4 does the exact same as the crappy AM system.
    SUMMIT- DeWalt, 4S
    SUMMV- 3S
    MERV- 3S

RC Champion
    but hugh doesn't have brakes!! so it can't work that way
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?536733

RC Enthusiast
    wish I bought it that way I bought it the day it came out for 499 plus tax got a glitchy am radio (cause i never used the stock motor went straight to mamba monster out of the box)and no batterys. I found a hobby shop 20 miles down the road that says the participate in the power up program so I am going to go see if they have the 2208 high output model on payday spend another 75 and end up making it 575 plus tax and I still do not get batterys I got jacked

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by quadiak
    but hugh doesn't have brakes!! so it can't work that way
    Ha ha, yes, funny guy... What I am talking about, and realize I should have said this in the beginning, is that when the truck is STOPPED, or has been (attempted to) be stopped. It still takes two pushes to reverse.

I am pretty sure it is the motor, either improper mesh, a blown motor or both that are causing my truck to keep trucking.

It actually stops awesome if I go fast and turn the wheel quick, that roll cage is great...
    2.4Ghz Dewalt E-Remmit

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by hugh jorgan
    Ha ha, yes, funny guy...

It actually stops awesome if I go fast and turn the wheel quick, that roll cage is great...
    Sounds like you use the same theory my son does with his Slash when stopping. I'll have to be sure and tell him he is not alone!

RC Competitor
    the brake is built in to the esc not the radio and i think its programed in to it because ive used the radio to test other rx's and there is no hesitation on the servo's when i use them.

RC Racer
    As a final update on this. After going through the entire factory set-up procedure on the controller and ESC, this problem has now vanished.

I basically started at step 1 and went right to the end, being careful not to miss any thing in between. NOW I am liking the 2.4Ghz
    2.4Ghz Dewalt E-Remmit

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Faultor
    wish I bought it that way I bought it the day it came out for 499 plus tax got a glitchy am radio (cause i never used the stock motor went straight to mamba monster out of the box)and no batterys. I found a hobby shop 20 miles down the road that says the participate in the power up program so I am going to go see if they have the 2208 high output model on payday spend another 75 and end up making it 575 plus tax and I still do not get batterys I got jacked
    Just so you know, the high output radio is only two channels, although the receiver will be sufficient.