Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bulldog revo

RC Qualifier
    Awesome E-REVO!!!
    JATO 3.3
    Stampede Build
    DeWalt 12v E-REVO on 4s

RC Racer
    how did you get the traxxas wheelies on the wing? I thought of buying Exotek wheelies, but your build looks much sweeter and the traxxas wheelies seem much more robust than the Exotek.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecopsorn View Post
    how did you get the traxxas wheelies on the wing? I thought of buying Exotek wheelies, but your build looks much sweeter and the traxxas wheelies seem much more robust than the Exotek.
    1. drill hole
    2. attach wheel with nut and bolt
    3. done
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyofDarkness View Post
    2. attach wheel with nut and bolt
    sure, but the Traxxas wheelies do not have the nut and bolt included as far as I see on the product picture. I've e-mailed the guys at one rc online store and they write that the traxxas wheelies will not fit as replacement for the Exotek wheels where the nut and bolt is included.
    which nut and bolt size would I need to look for than?

EDIT: I know that was a silly question , I guess I just stop by the next hobby shop and see what they've got there
    Last edited by ecopsorn; 08-11-2011 at 04:31 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Buy the wheels and then you will be able to see- I imagine it will be either a 3 or 4mm hole in the middle of the wheel so you can buy a short bolt to match- you don't need some specific, magical hard to find part, you just have to find something the right size from the plenty of options available at your local hardware store, or from ebay etc etc..
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyofDarkness View Post
    Buy the wheels and then you will be able to see- I imagine it will be either a 3 or 4mm hole in the middle of the wheel so you can buy a short bolt to match- you don't need some specific, magical hard to find part, you just have to find something the right size from the plenty of options available at your local hardware store, or from ebay etc etc..
    ok thanks a lot, I will find it

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ecopsorn View Post
    ok thanks a lot, I will find it
    You could even use a bearing instead of an wheel - if you have some spare bearings!
    Strive not to be nitro, but rather to be electric.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Serjo_SJC_SP_BR View Post
    You could even use a bearing instead of an wheel - if you have some spare bearings!
    I bought these now:
    http://www.toadzrc.com/traxxas-4976-...pede-maxx.html

RC Competitor
    lovely ERBE mate!!! i love the new era roll bar mod!!!! how did u do this mod, i would love to do it, how has it been holding up?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by tingting44 View Post
    lovely ERBE mate!!! i love the new era roll bar mod!!!! how did u do this mod, i would love to do it, how has it been holding up?
    hi there. Just wanted to share my experience with you about the wheelies. As written in my previous post, I bought the sample Traxxas replacement wheels, drilled a hole in both ends of the traxxas wing and mounted it with some washers and two regular screw nuts on each side. The problem with this mod and especially the traxxas wing is that it doesn't help a lot . The Traxxas wing is way to flimsy to have additional weight on it and bends all the way once a wheelie is happening.
    The other bad thing about the Traxxas wing is that the outside of the wing is not straight, vertically to the ground. That means that the wheelies are mounted in about a 20 angle and therefore are only one-sided worn off.

I'd do this mod again probably, but I'm gonna try an aftermarket wing. How is your wing holding up tectic? Would you go back to a regular wheelie bar?

RC Racer
    tectic doesn't seem to be in these forums anymore. Does anybody else has good experience with the Tekno RC wing mount / Proline wing combo and the traxxas wheelies mounted on it?

RC Qualifier
    I know this is an old thread, bu ti want to know if i can put a hpp germany motor mount, (back of the can) on that T8 motor and sit on the suspension holder on back?

That way the large can have a rear backup

Would you go flip my truck back over??